FIL made me a bike rack for my birthday!

Options
rides4sanity
rides4sanity Posts: 1,269 Member
A friend posted a picture of a rack he made for his bikes out of PVC. Being that I could no longer park in my garage and the kids couldn’t get their bikes with knocking mine over I thought I should ask for more details… Here is the bike rack…

30l2gew.jpg

I asked my Father-in-law to make me one for my birthday. Total cost was $53. I only know this because my in-laws give all the kids $100 for their birthday and my mother-in-law said here is $50, Gene said that rack thing only cost $53. No I didn’t have to give her the $3, but I offered just to be funny. I told her I'd use it to buy new cycling shoes... Okay like 3/4 of 1 shoe. :wink:

Yesterday I embarked upon the daunting task of reorganizing the garage so that there was room for 7 bikes (only 3 are mine), a minivan, and an exercise space (as well as tools, freezer, blah, blah, blah). I lifted, moved, cleaned and organized for over 6 hours. Tim offered to help, but when I’m in the zone its really better for all involve to stay away. I’m very pleased with the outcome. First time in a long time I've gotten something useful for my birthday.

Garage Before (Don’t judge…)

w0dxl.jpg
33xveo6.jpg

Garage After

k4fj82.jpg
2po7egw.jpg

Replies

• Janet72285
    Janet72285 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    It looks great!

Wanna come do mine now? Lol

Love the space with the trainer!
  • Chain_Ring
    Chain_Ring Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    those are awesome!
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    That looks like some pretty serious progress! And a pretty awesome space!

xthumb.gif
  • rides4sanity
    Options
    Six hours, no breaks... Probably not what coach had in mind when he said rest day...
  • Archon2
    Archon2 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    OK, where did you put all the stuff you cleared away? :) I tend to move things around and organize, but making more floor space without throwing things out is a challenge. I'm working on my garage recently too...so I can get the cars in there when the snow hits.

Looks great!
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Six hours, no breaks... Probably not what coach had in mind when he said rest day...

Active recovery!!!
  • rides4sanity
    Options
    There was a lot from early spring projects that belonged in the shed... The cabinets were filled with old things I tossed, then I filled them with things that I wanted to keep.

Effective use of space...
  • domane1
    domane1 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    That looks great!