Day 2 - Check In - The Beginning of Change - Our Feelings

Options
How are you feeling? A change in diet and fitness brings a change in emotions and changes our sense of ourselves. You are at the beginning of the change process. How does it feel?

Replies

• elverseva
    elverseva Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    HI Swyman1

I've just discovered your group and spontaneously decided to join. I must admit that I am a bit afraid to fail (again) that's why I joined the group. I think I might use some support & peer pressure. This time, I'm focussing on persistence instead of quick fixes...
  • Tdbrandon
    Tdbrandon Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hello

I LITERALLY just joined. I have been working on a personal challenge for the last 30 days (no sodas, no fast food and workouts 7x/wk). I have actually surprised myself in terms of the discipline and commitment I've been able to display over the last month. This week marks the end of my challenge (I'm due to weigh/measure over this coming weekend). My fear has been that once the 30 days ends that I may be subject to my old, bad habits.

I have been looking for MFP friends who are motivated and engaged... or maybe I was just looking for a group like this :smile: The timing of this group is PERFECT and I look forward to seeing how much progress I can make... WE ALL can make over the next 75 days.

Feel free to add me, I'm on EVERYDAY! :wink:

My Goals:
    -Weight loss of 20-25 # (depending on what this weekend's numbers look like)
    -Daily workouts of at least 45 mins
    -Desserts no more than 3x/week (I have a MONSTER sweet tooth)
    -More effective meal planning

32331474.png
  • jocop2003
    jocop2003 Posts: 468 Member
    Options

I found this group today, I have ton of groups on MFP but definitely need one in support. I have currently met a short term goal but this is the time when I over celebrate and than the lbs start piling on. Especially this week is my 40th bday and I have no idea what to do to celebrate. We will most likely order in, but we almost don't have to or I can choose to just have a homemade salad and my family order something that doesn't bother me. I will probably have some cake or something to celebrate, but not sure. I need to be creative, I can make gluten free cupcakes and freeze the rest just to have a small portion. Any suggestions.
  • shortly2Bthin
    Options
    I've been feeling depressed due to issues at home, but my success at controlling binge eating and sticking to my set calories is giving me a boost. The exercise is a mixed blessing; I feel glad that I'm getting off my rump and doing it, but my muscles are sore! I know the soreness will eventually go away so I'm sticking to it. In the long run exercise will pay off.
  • swyman1
    swyman1 Posts: 38
    Options

I found this group today, I have ton of groups on MFP but definitely need one in support. I have currently met a short term goal but this is the time when I over celebrate and than the lbs start piling on. Especially this week is my 40th bday and I have no idea what to do to celebrate. We will most likely order in, but we almost don't have to or I can choose to just have a homemade salad and my family order something that doesn't bother me. I will probably have some cake or something to celebrate, but not sure. I need to be creative, I can make gluten free cupcakes and freeze the rest just to have a small portion. Any suggestions.

The connection between food and emotions is strong. It would be helpful to understand your triggers. For instance, I've noticed that when I'm feeling upset/anxious, I gravitate towards childhood foods, puddings, candies and other sweets. It's quite incredible once you are able to see the connections. It helps you identify your emotional connection to food. When you understand that, then it is easier to identify the trigger and prevent it when it's happening.
  • swyman1
    Options
    Hello

I LITERALLY just joined. I have been working on a personal challenge for the last 30 days (no sodas, no fast food and workouts 7x/wk). I have actually surprised myself in terms of the discipline and commitment I've been able to display over the last month. This week marks the end of my challenge (I'm due to weigh/measure over this coming weekend). My fear has been that once the 30 days ends that I may be subject to my old, bad habits.

I have been looking for MFP friends who are motivated and engaged... or maybe I was just looking for a group like this :smile: The timing of this group is PERFECT and I look forward to seeing how much progress I can make... WE ALL can make over the next 75 days.

Feel free to add me, I'm on EVERYDAY! :wink:

My Goals:
    -Weight loss of 20-25 # (depending on what this weekend's numbers look like)
    -Daily workouts of at least 45 mins
    -Desserts no more than 3x/week (I have a MONSTER sweet tooth)
    -More effective meal planning

32331474.png

You are an inspiration! Thank you for joining the group and seeking the support you need to continue with the amazing work you have done!
  • swyman1
    Options
    HI Swyman1

I've just discovered your group and spontaneously decided to join. I must admit that I am a bit afraid to fail (again) that's why I joined the group. I think I might use some support & peer pressure. This time, I'm focussing on persistence instead of quick fixes...

Persistence = integration into your daily lifestyle. It's a shift, a different way of approaching your life, your daily routine. Falling is a natural part of the change process. We all do it. You're not alone. So glad you have the courage to persist.

This is my first group so I'm not sure if I am supposed to "add" you in some way. I think you already added yourself, lol! I'm so glad you did!
  • swyman1
    Options
    It's the beginning of a change. The beginning of being accountable to ourselves. Inside all of that lies some fear. Fear of failure. We are so conditioned to focus on our fear of failure. I encourage you to celebrate your strength and clarity of vision. Today, you decided on a better way.