Newbie. Do I need friends?

Options
How do I go about finding friends? I'm not quite sure how my fitness pal works. I have 15 post baby pounds to lose and a pretty bad injury, chronic fatigue, depression and fibromyalgia. I am struggling with motivation to exercise and lost in knowing what I should eat. I really want to get in shape for my wedding but I need help.

Replies

• mckaytobe
    mckaytobe Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hiya,

You don't NEED friends but since you are unsure about what you should be eating and you are currently lacking some motivation to exercise (or maybe you don't have the time-you sound busy?), I would suggest that you find some friends to help you.

You can look at their food diaries and see what they are eating.
    Seeing them exercise might encourage you to do the same.
    Also, it is nice to see people encouraging you to make good choices by 'liking' or commenting on your news feed.

You can find friends by looking on the forums and finding people who have similar goals to you and then sending them a friend request.

Good luck with your goals and feel free to friend me if you would like to. :)
  • skipidy
    skipidy Posts: 11
    Options
    Thanks!
  • CodeHuntress
    CodeHuntress Posts: 2 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Hi skipidiy,

I have been on and off MyFitnessPal for a long time. I am finally back and looking to create a social network to support my goals. Please feel free to add me if you think it would be helpful. I have battled depression for over a decade, and I know some of the issues that come with that and the importance of routine, fitness, and diet in managing mental health.

Anyways, welcome.

Cheers,

CireMcD