Do you let your dog/s sleep on the bed?

Options
123457»

Replies

• prayersinchairs
    prayersinchairs Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Yes and no but it's more of a safety thing.
    I have a small terrier mix who will be four in a couple days.
    And a pitbull mix who isn't a year yet.
    He chews on EVERYTHING. So it got to the point where I have to crate him at night.
    I let him sleep on the bed with me one night and I woke up to a giant hole in my blanket.
  • Hyspin
    Hyspin Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Nope it better for the all of us. Plus my boy snores sometimes and I am light sleeper.
  • Aswennu
    Aswennu Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Yep. I have three dogs, one always sleeps above our heads in her pillow fort, the other cuddles our legs, and the bigger one comes off and on the foot of the bed as she pleases. It's very cozy, but sometimes really crowded, lol
  • AshAshBaby1
    Options
    u5keybqn23s2.jpg
    My dog is a big ol baby! He was only 2.5lbs when I got him and I was afraid for him to leave my sight now I have a 50lbs spoiled brat lol
  • CarrieBeard
    CarrieBeard Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Let?? Pretty sure I couldn't stop them. They think it is "Our" bed.
  • tabbyblack13
    tabbyblack13 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I let my cats and dog sleep in the bed with me. The cats I can never keep off of the bed. I use the dog as a heating unit for my bed.
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    I live with my retired father, and my dog usually sleeps in a little pallet we've made up at the end of Dad's bed. Sometimes he sleeps in a little dog bed on the floor in my bedroom, and sometimes he sleeps in my bed (I'll wake up to find him curled up next to me using my arm as his pillow!). That dog has choices! The cat on the other hand, is usually roaming around the house at night when we are sleeping. If he does lay down, its on the bed in our spare bedroom. The cat is getting older and can't jump up on beds anymore, so we put a chair next to the bed in the spare bedroom that he can use as a step stool to get up on the bed.
  • MissLucyU75
    MissLucyU75 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Both of my dogs are allowed to anytime. During the summer, it's usually just one of them. My bigger dog doesn't like to be hot so she will go sleep on the sofa. During the winter, it's both of them and usually the cat too! I am seriously thinking of getting a king size bed. :)
  • mygnsac
    Options
    He started the night sleeping in the other room, but that didn't last long!

ytx60cubqtqw.jpg
  • Klhernandez81
    Klhernandez81 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    In our bed? You mean their bed, right? We just try to figure out where to sleep so as not to disturb them :-p 0142m6bx5ne8.jpg
    uvr8pz3i8w3i.jpg
  • mygnsac
    Options
    ^^ It's nice of them to share their bed with you! ;)
  • Klhernandez81
    Klhernandez81 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    It is :) We are actually the third home for our cat and we were told that he was not into snuggling...we laugh a lot about that! He's not going anywhere now.
  • mygnsac
    Options
    It is :) We are actually the third home for our cat and we were told that he was not into snuggling...we laugh a lot about that! He's not going anywhere now.

I'm glad he found his forever home with you. He was just saving his snuggles for you!

• peppermintcaroline
    peppermintcaroline Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I let her, but she chooses to sleep on my sister's bed instead. And even if my sister is gone she just sleeps on my floor. Probably because my bed is too small for both of us (it's a twin, and she is a 40 lb dog)
  • tishtee
    tishtee Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Like others, Tilda (in the picture with me) started off sleeping in a crate but gradually made her way, first on the bed and now in it - usually tucked up next to me with her head on the pillow.
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure how any of you get any sleep.