Day 17: Thursday, 10-9-14

Options
2»

Replies

• LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone!
    Weigh in is tonight, been drinking water - up to 24 oz. so far - will hit 48 or 64 oz. by the time the day is done and hitting a zumba class later this evening for an hour - should be a great one!
  • lalepepper
    lalepepper Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Day 16 wasn't so good for me. Supervisor took us out to lunch and although myself and two other coworkers split a steak 3 ways, I was still full the remainder of the day and didn't eat dinner. I've noticed that I don't eat enough during the day to keep my metabolism up.

Actually, your metabolism won't slow by any noticeable level simply because you don't eat for a few hours. Eating small meals more frequently is a great way to manage hunger and keep yourself energized, but you won't go in to "starvation mode" simply due to delaying a meal or skipping one. As long as at the end of the day, you're consuming the right amount of calories, vitamins, and minerals, it doesn't make a big difference metabolically when/how often you eat barring any medical concerns. Listening to your hunger levels is a very important thing that is easy to lose sight of with all the recommendations on how to do everything "right" - I say good on you for not forcing yourself to eat. Personally I got caught up in the frequent meals idea at first and almost always ended up eating over. I also felt nauseous and bloated all the time because I was eating when my body wasn't interested. Now I normally fast for 16 hours a day (eating my alotted calories from 3-11PM), and have continued to have good energy levels, work out regularly, and improve my overall health. Do what works best for you B)

• aprilh47
    aprilh47 Posts: 250 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    lalepepper wrote: »
    Listening to your hunger levels is a very important thing that is easy to lose sight of with all the recommendations on how to do everything "right"

i completely agree, for a long time i had to eat when the opportunity to eat came along due to the nature of my job, and the long hours ment that if i didnt eat when i could then i would get too hungry and blood sugar levels dropped and i would end up eating anything and everything and way too much.

This has created a problem in my eating pattern and relationship with food, i dont eat because im hungry i eat because there is food, and stopping when im full is equally a problem for me too.
  • aprilh47
    aprilh47 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    any way today i did good, i have a very sweet tooth and made chocolate brownies and portioned them as i would allow myself to have as a treat. Ive never used beetroot in brownies before but they taste great, and as long as the kids dont scoff the lot, i can allow myself a small piece as an when.
    Stuck well within my calorie goal, and hours karate class completed.
  • princessmommy122
    princessmommy122 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I stayed within my cals and ran four miles. Good luck tomorrow everyone!
  • justdebbie1
    justdebbie1 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Today was my day off from work and didn't get all my water or all my steps. Will be working harder tomorrow.
    Looking forward to the weigh in on Sunday.
  • everydamnday
    everydamnday Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Already at 1500 calories all before noon! I was a hungry girl this morning!
    I had an hour long crossfit class that totally wiped me out as well.

SO I am going to amp up my workouts today & get another one in to balance out my calorie intake.
    Glad to see so many on track :)

Have an amazing weekend everyone! <3
  • dawnmitchell6766
    dawnmitchell6766 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone!

Yesterday went well, got in over 11, 400 steps, 64 oz of water and did day 8 of Level 2 DS. Hope to keep the momentum up today.