C4 Extreme and Creatine

Options
I used C4 Extreme for the first time today before my workout. I must say I was quite surprised to notice such a huge difference. :) I'm thinking of also adding in creatine. Our son has ON creatine nitrite. Should I try the C4 alone for a while first, or can I add in creatine right away? If so, how much should I take, when should I take it and how much water do I need to drink per day with it. Thanks!

Replies

• DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Creatine is commonly paired with pre-workouts (in very small amounts) but don't let it confuse you, by itself it's not a pre-workout/stimulant. So you can take them both no problem.

Most people take 5-10g a day. Most commonly pre- and/or post-workout (split it up). Some just take it in the morning (I do all three, myself, three 5g doses because I'm a large male and I'm addicted to spending money on supplements). I doubt it's super crucial though, I'd go with convenience over a strictly timed regimen.

Water? Drink plenty, regardless.
  • christianteach
    christianteach Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Creatine is commonly paired with pre-workouts (in very small amounts) but don't let it confuse you, by itself it's not a pre-workout/stimulant. So you can take them both no problem.

Most people take 5-10g a day. Most commonly pre- and/or post-workout (split it up). Some just take it in the morning (I do all three, myself, three 5g doses because I'm a large male and I'm addicted to spending money on supplements). I doubt it's super crucial though, I'd go with convenience over a strictly timed regimen.

Thanks! Does creatine do any good while eating at a deficit?
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options

I would imagine it has the same effect regardless of your caloric intake.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

Yes, it does.

Here is more information about it:

http://examine.com/supplements/Creatine/

Sidenote: this is my first post using the new forum 'look' and I am not sure I like it at all. /end random comment
  • christianteach
    Options
    Sarauk2sf wrote: »

Yes, it does.

Sidenote: this is my first post using the new forum 'look' and I am not sure I like it at all. /end random comment

• christianteach
    Options

Yes, it does.

Very informative! Thanks! It sounds like it doesn't make any difference when I take it. Since it's not recommended to take it with caffeine, I won't put it in my DC's. What's the best/easiest way to take it? How much water do I need to drink daily?

I'm not crazy about this new look either...

• scooterjay_wwis
    scooterjay_wwis Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I use creatine pre & post workout. teaspoon prior and teaspoon after. Drink plenty of water regardless.
    I drink 1 US Gallon per day.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

Yes, it does.

Very informative! Thanks! It sounds like it doesn't make any difference when I take it. Since it's not recommended to take it with caffeine, I won't put it in my DC's. What's the best/easiest way to take it? How much water do I need to drink daily?

I'm not crazy about this new look either...

I get the micronized powder as its less gritty. When I remember to take it, I take it in the morning. It does not really matter when, but taking it the same time will probably be easiest to remember to take it. You should increase your fluid intake when taking it as it basically makes your muscles retain more water. The amount of water you need is variable to the individual, but just be aware of not becoming dehydrated.