What happened to the original 5:2 Fasting group?

Options
orlcam
orlcam Posts: 533 Member
edited October 2014 in Social Groups
I came in this morning and the "5:2 Fasting" group was missing. I created this group in case others had the same experience.

I have no idea what happened...
Did I get banned from the original?
Did the original owner erase the whole group?
Can you even do that?

I wrote an email to technical support, I'll let everyone know what the reply is.

I hope that massive collection of experiences and knowledge isn't gone for good.

Replies

• zahid222
    zahid222 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Sorry I lost it too. It did have suggestions of what to eat in a fasting day . I hope the can put it back in. I saw it day before yesterday :(
  • kankan81
    Options
    Oh no, there was tons of info there. Please bring it back :-(
  • jemimasmum
    jemimasmum Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Yep, no sign of it. I've added it to the "lost groups" thread on the website forum. Hope they find us!
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Not on my list eaith - such a shame if it's gone for good :(
  • orlcam
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Not on my list eaith - such a shame if it's gone for good :(
    MFP has to have a way of bringing the info back or moving it to a new group. Geez... Melanie, you must have a novel's worth of information and stories in there.

Everyone write tech support...I've received no reply as of yet.

Anyone close with the original group creator? I can't remember her name...maybe send her a note and ask if she deleted it?
  • jknight001
    jknight001 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    My guess is it has something to do with the upgrades. Somebody oopsed. Thanks @orlcam for creating this group. Great idea.
  • orlcam
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Just FYI, I don't really want to be (nor should I be) the "firekeeper" for the group...I'm an infant as far as MFP goes. I don't see a way to pass the group over to anyone. One thing I will never do is delete it. If I had to choose someone to own the group it would be @melaniecheeks.
  • jknight001
    jknight001 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    Didn't mean to imply you should be owner, all though I think you could do it. I meant to say that it was a great idea to create a "meeting place" for us 5:2ers to get connected until the original group gets restored.
  • orlcam
    edited October 2014
    Options
    jknight001 wrote: »
    Didn't mean to imply you should be owner, all though I think you could do it. I meant to say that it was a great idea to create a "meeting place" for us 5:2ers to get connected until the original group gets restored.
    No, I know (thank you for the compliment), I just didn't want anyone to think they were stuck with a newb at the reins.

• mwhite61451
    mwhite61451 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Thanks for recreating the group...thought I had been voted off the island!
  • orlcam
    Options
    UPDATE: MissMaggie3, the original creator of the 5:2 Fasting group, told me she wasn't aware that it was missing and that she would try to find out what happened and get back to me.
  • icklistpiklist
    icklistpiklist Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    How bizarre. I was looking at the group this morning (UK user) and now it's most definitely gone. Good to see something in its place. Thank you!
  • dorisopen9
    dorisopen9 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I'm not the only one then. Thought I had been kicked out as there is no sign of the group. When I clicked on posts in my profile it just said "permission problem".
  • angela233Z
    angela233Z Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    another group I was a member of disappeared also. Very weird. anyways, thanks Orlcam for starting this
  • orlcam
    Options
    UPDATE: Still nothing to report, MissMaggie3 says she has not received a response either. I posted a public question a little while ago.

It looks like @Snaps27 has created another group:
    Tracking our 5:2 Journey
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/100082-tracking-our-5-2-journey
  • loveswalking
    loveswalking Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    orlcam: I think she started that one because she doesn't know this one is here. If I knew how to do a link I would link this one there so she would know you already started one and that we are here.
  • geojeepgirl
    geojeepgirl Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    very weird... thanks for the invite!
  • orlcam
    Options
    orlcam: I think she started that one because she doesn't know this one is here. If I knew how to do a link I would link this one there so she would know you already started one and that we are here.
    Yeah, I couldn't remember everyone (I had the picture of the keyboard in my mind)...I sent her an invite. I'll be a member of whichever group...but I'm still waiting to see what happens with the original group.

• snaps27
    snaps27 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    orlcam wrote: »
    UPDATE: Still nothing to report, MissMaggie3 says she has not received a response either. I posted a public question a little while ago.

It looks like @Snaps27 has created another group:
    Tracking our 5:2 Journey
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/100082-tracking-our-5-2-journey

Hi all, Glad to see so many of you here. Yes I did create a site just case becasue I missed the old one so much, so I just wanted to keep going with it. I will keep mine going for anyone who what to have a look (some new members have joined) and I will also keep following this one. Glad to see everyone so dedicated to our discussions.
  • flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

I was part of the old group too :-( I will post a link to this group for my friends to read. I have alot of 5:2ers on my friends list. I really hope the old group turns up again! Lots of good infos there!