New Format

Options
I hate it. It took me 4 days to figure out where my groups went and without the subject matter showing on the various discussion boards I can't seem to stir my interest in reading any post. This really bummed me out because I spent my down time reading other's post as inspiration or distractions from my own journey. After reading SOA recaps these last few days I'm willing to give it another go and just be thankful they haven't changed the format for logging food. Have a happy and healthy weekend folks.

Replies

• GrokRockStar
    GrokRockStar Posts: 2,938 Member
    Options
    It took a few minutes getting used to, but it seems to align with other boards I've seen. I suppose that they reformatted for a good reason, but I agree, don't mess with food database format!!
  • MikeFlyMike
    MikeFlyMike Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    seems to have really impacted traffic because I don't think people can find the private groups.
  • katharineshalia
    katharineshalia Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I think what m I miss most is the girl (lady) from the artic posting, somehow she kept me sane in a world so craptastic ~ back to bone brewing, wee tad vinegar
    And so on
  • SteamClutch
    SteamClutch Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I think most of us were thrown for a loop on this. I think this is my first post in these forums, they just seem more tedious now and my picture got squatted so now I look super heavy again lol.
  • katharineshalia
    Options
    Lol clutchbone, it's one of those times where I didn't notice until you said something. I'm glad I only figured out how to download my oh-so-cute kid's pic. Then I conveniently lost interest in uploading pics. Now we have lost our tickers also but I bet a lot of us remember your muscular abs.
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    Katharineshalia: omg, I'm so flattered that you like my posts and miss me when I'm gone!!! A friend posted on my wall that I was being missed here. It really feels good to be liked because I have such a blunt tone that it's easy for me to ruffle feathers. lol

I too am finding it harder to navigate here. It was so much easier to see the Paleo group right out in the open, on top of everything. Now i have to see the other crazy forums first and for some strange reason, I've been a bit deterred from frequenting our forum as much because of it.

The pictures ARE squatted and the type smaller. Yuck. But I will get used to it and will be back to give my opinion on anything and everything as per my usual. ;)
  • primalkiwi
    primalkiwi Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    ahh...looks like we are slowly finding our way back here but what a pain in the A**to navigate to it! Hoping they don't mess with anything else or I'll just give up and go back to recording everything in my notebook old style - I'd miss this community though and the wonderful support it offers :-)
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    I've actually found that I'm less likely to look at the main threads now, because I'm on the main Community page just long enough to click the "Groups" link at the top of the page. Makes it a hell of a lot easier to stay out of the train wreck that is the main forums.

Hopefully, the feedback they get from this initial transition period will be heeded and they make it a little more user-friendly.

And, I wish they'd expand on the smiley selection. I miss the animated and not so typical ones they used to have.
  • sportyredhead01
    sportyredhead01 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy I finally found this. :D
    I've been wondering around trying to locate these.

Not food related but does anyone else find this new layout extremely difficult to read? I have bad eyes and this is just too much white space to try to focus on what's being said.
  • Akimajuktuq
    Options
    I too find the layout extremely hard to read. I really can't figure out what was improved.
  • Dragonwolf
    edited October 2014
    Options
    In the long run, I think it'll be an improvement. Being able to bookmark things (and unbookmark them) without having to submit a comment (unbookmarking is huge -- how many times have we participated in a thread that ended up a train wreck and we want nothing more than for it to die so it gets off of our "Recent" list?). Right now, we're getting through the initial growing pains, IMO.

As for making it more readable -- I've never been fond of the font size and layout of the MFP site, so I often zoom in, which makes the text larger and easier to read. You can do this by pressing
    ctrl +

(or
    cmd +

if you're on a Mac) to increase size,
    ctrl -

(
    cmd -

to decrease it, and
    ctrl 0

(
    cmd 0

) to just reset it to the original size.
  • sportyredhead01
    sportyredhead01 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    OMG Dragonwolf, you saved my sanity. :)
  • Akimajuktuq
    Options
    I used the increase size as given above by Dragonwolf but then everything on my screen got big and weird. I just want the font in MFP posts bigger.... Even with my glasses I'm squinting. But at least I learned something new.
  • katharineshalia
    Options
    I do, Akim love reading your posts, I guess in my mind living in the Artic raising your little girl sounds like a dream come true, but I am also a spoiled American and wouldn't last 2 weeks - all the more reason I admire you and respect your opinions. Oh, I made my first successful beef bone stock so thanks for your input. Now everyone else in the house wishes I would stop boiling bones, lol.
  • SteamClutch
    SteamClutch Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    OMG Dragonwolf, you saved my sanity. :)

I expect nothing but sane post from you from now on...
  • LeenaGee
    LeenaGee Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    I love you Dragonwolf. Thank you <3
  • Dragonwolf
    Options
    I used the increase size as given above by Dragonwolf but then everything on my screen got big and weird. I just want the font in MFP posts bigger.... Even with my glasses I'm squinting. But at least I learned something new.

Yeah, it's the browser's zoom feature. I believe Internet Explorer and Firefox have an option to zoom only the text. It should be near the zoom entries in the menu (they've changed too much since I last used them, so I can't walk you straight to them, sorry). Chrome can do it, too, but you have to install an extension. If you use Chrome, just Google "Chrome zoom text only" and the extension should be in the top three results.
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I couldn't find this group until today, which is the only group I bother reading or posting in! Not feeling the new setup. I think I have to delete my membership in other groups to even see this one now. Good point Dragonwolf, now I don't have to click on the main forums at all which is kind of nice.
  • camtosh
    camtosh Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Dragonwolf wrote: »
    If you use Chrome, just Google "Chrome zoom text only" and the extension should be in the top three results.

Thanks for this tip! really helps my old eyes...
  • katharineshalia
    Options
    Is it just me or is the new format a bit embarrassment when someone walks by and it looks like you are on some dating site. Also I so over hitting the "recent" tab and and all it is" would you kiss hit or spin the person..." - not liking it, nope.