Week 1: No sweets for the week!

Options
For this week I'm making a simple challenge of no sweets: specifically chocolate, cakes, slices, ice cream, candy and soda for a week. Last week I really struggled to contain myself with anything sweet so hopefully this challenge will help to rein my cravings in! Good luck, and remember to keep us updated :smile:

Replies

• TanyaMarlee
    TanyaMarlee Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm so excited to take part in this challenge. This week I've had a lot of sweets and also need to pull away from the junk :)
  • mellyboobear
    mellyboobear Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    i just joined this group so hi both of you!!
    this challenge seems fairly easy for me... until the end of the week :p haha! will keep everyone posted! =]
  • andepantzbheathy
    Options
    Im in. i think i can do it yall can too
  • ElegantElle
    ElegantElle Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    All in! Giving up juice, pop, and pancakes in syrup
  • Neattre64
    Neattre64 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    hi guys :) so is this challenge just started or an old one?
  • NakeshiaBeard
    Options
    Neattre64 wrote: »
    hi guys :) so is this challenge just started or an old one?

Welcome! We've just started up today :-)
  • cosmic_starfish
    cosmic_starfish Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'd like to join too. Whenever I have spare calories I usually fill them with sweet treats, need to get out of that habit. Sadly, didn't find this group until after I'd had some chocolate with my lunch, but I'll give the rest of the week a try. Good luck everyone :)
  • cyclerjenn
    cyclerjenn Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    OH boy! This is a tough on for me. I love my little bite size ice cream cone after my workout. I can do this for a week, it will be good for my diet.
  • dbrownie68
    Options
    Hi... just joined. Good luck to all!
  • merca666
    merca666 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi, just joined the group. Fairly optimistic about the first challenge :D on the first day of it. Good luck everyone!
  • aSaltandBattery
    aSaltandBattery Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'd like to join too. Whenever I have spare calories I usually fill them with sweet treats, need to get out of that habit. Sadly, didn't find this group until after I'd had some chocolate with my lunch, but I'll give the rest of the week a try. Good luck everyone :)

Same I had a snack with my lunch today, but I will definitely put forth some effort for this challenge the rest of the week :)
  • NakeshiaBeard
    Options
    How did everyone survive day one? I almost knawed my own hand off in the late afternoon when I normally have something sweet with my tea! However I managed to persevere and switched my usual cookie/chocolate/cake for some greek yoghurt and raspberries :smiley:, this combined with a liquorice root tea got me through the cravings. Hope everyone is doing well!
  • cyclerjenn
    cyclerjenn Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    I had a protein shake with frozen fruit to satisfy the need from something cold and sweet after my workout.
  • kingscrown
    kingscrown Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I'm keeping my sugars at 10% of my calories consumed, which pretty much means no sweets. Hard to do.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    I just found this group, will be interesting to see how this works out.

When you say "slices" are you talking about pie?

Also, I'll give up the other things, but I'm not giving up soda. I drink diet soda, so there are 0 calories and I'll be alright because of that. The alternative is that I have no energy and get nothing done... and if I can't be focused at work and get through my class (final is this week) and do political volunteering as planned, then there is just no way I'm going to be exercising. Then again, I'm probably too busy to fit in any exercise this week regardless... except some door knocking for the political volunteering.
  • NakeshiaBeard
    NakeshiaBeard Posts: 83
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I just found this group, will be interesting to see how this works out.

When you say "slices" are you talking about pie?

Also, I'll give up the other things, but I'm not giving up soda. I drink diet soda, so there are 0 calories and I'll be alright because of that. The alternative is that I have no energy and get nothing done... and if I can't be focused at work and get through my class (final is this week) and do political volunteering as planned, then there is just no way I'm going to be exercising. Then again, I'm probably too busy to fit in any exercise this week regardless... except some door knocking for the political volunteering.

Hi, welcome to the group :smile:

Slices mean things like brownies, bars and other baked sweets that include sugar (for example, a sugar-free homemade protein slice or ball would be OK to eat). Hope that makes sense. Basically anything with refined sugar as an ingredient that would be considered on the food pyramid as a 'sometimes' food is out of the question (open to interpretation of course).

Personally, I consider anything 'diet' as a con. However, it's entirely your choice what you eat and drink, I won't judge. I'd rather find an alternative to sodas or energy drinks, something like black coffee or green tea (which still contains caffeine) is much better for your body. The health concerns associated with diet soda and other sodas put me off. But you have your reasons for drinking it and that's OK.

Anyway, I wish you all the best. Good luck and don't forget to reward yourself if you complete the challenge. My treat to myself if I succeed will be a beauty treament :smile:
  • mellyboobear
    mellyboobear Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I goofed on day 2, being that I had half a soda. this is still an improvement going from so much to only that! I wont fail again this week! :D
  • NakeshiaBeard
    Options
    I goofed on day 2, being that I had half a soda. this is still an improvement going from so much to only that! I wont fail again this week! :D

Keep your chin up, you're doing well!
  • merca666
    merca666 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    On my day 3 and no sugar :smiley: - feels good!
  • NakeshiaBeard
    Options
    merca666 wrote: »
    On my day 3 and no sugar :smiley: - feels good!

Glad to hear! I'm feeling pretty good myself, and best part is that my skin is clearing up :D