Motivation and Accountability thread-Oct 13 to 19

Options
jltheis7
jltheis7 Posts: 496 Member
Didn't see one started so thought I would do it this time! :)
I have a book on my kindle called "100 Days of Weight Loss"; it has a daily motivational reading and small goal. Today's was about ambivalence--when you aren't fully committed to change. To get past this, "you have to raise the importance of your goal and make it matter." You do this by reflecting on all the ways that weight affects your life. This was actually a painful exercise for me and I came up with an extensive list. Then I had to rate them on how much they bother or affect my life on a scale of 1 to 10. Once I had that in black and white in front of me, it was a whole lot easier to follow through on my exercise plans. So that is my intention for the week, to make my weight loss efforts matter. My measurable goals are Curves every day and 10,000 steps a day.

What are your measurable goals for the week?

Replies

• AllieLosingIt
    AllieLosingIt Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    That sounds like a pretty interesting book, I just added it to my list of books to take a look at!

For as long as I can remember I've been awake at night and asleep during the day. I'm trying so hard to switch it, but my body cues still say I'm hungry in the middle of the night. My goal for this week is to stop eating in the middle of the night because it's leaving me short on calories in the day and things are just all out of whack.

My measurable goal is to walk 12 miles this week.

• QuillensMom
    QuillensMom Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Drinking a gallon of water a day.

I was doing well by having 4 32 oz bottles and checking off my list/menu but past few days haven't been reaching that goal.
  • jltheis7
    Options
    What one thing can you do to help you achieve your goal? I have put my list of reasons on post it's inside my kitchen cupboards after clearing out anything unhealthy that has snuck back in, on the fridge and the computer (I wrote "have I done 30DS yet? on that one).
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    Hey, interesting new look to the message boards....not sure if I like it or not yet....I stop posting these two weeks ago because I did not feel like anyone else was interested....this kind of thread helps me greatly though.....
  • jltheis7
    Options
    Hey, interesting new look to the message boards....not sure if I like it or not yet....I stop posting these two weeks ago because I did not feel like anyone else was interested....this kind of thread helps me greatly though.....

I find them helpful as well. I always read them even if I don't find the time to post or I don't have anything to post.
  • jltheis7
    Options
    By the way, been meeting my goals every day this time!
  • QuillensMom
    QuillensMom Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I find it hard to follow threads since the change. The bookmark option doesn't work either.

That's great jltheis7 about meeting your goals daily :)
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    Yes, I am finding it hard to find stuff now, I actually do not like this change so much.....

Good stuff jitheis7, good stuff!!