Last race of my season went well!

Options
Yesterday was my last race of tri season..... man I am going to miss the racing for the next 6 months..... running races just aren't as fun!

It was another sprint: 1/3 mile swim, 14 mile bike, and a 5k run.

Swim: 11:40
Not my best..... got going in the wrong direction a couple of times.... probably added a tenth of a mile. I felt good though!

T1: 1:29
I couldn't get my balance trying to get on my shoes so I feel over. Haha it was a sight I am sure!

Bike: 48:31
So here's where things did not go well. Got going on the bike... feeling nice and warmed up so time to change into my big ring. Nope.... apparently my cable has either snapped somewhere or it has gotten loose. So I did what I could on the bike. Honestly, I was pretty discouraged on the bike. Nothing really felt right. I also found out after the race that my front tire has loosened up some how so was wiggling all over the place. It could've been much worse, so I will take it. Average mph was 17.5.... not too shabby but not sprint race speed either.

T2: 0:37
Yup, that was a good one.

Run: 29:20
Fastest run in a tri ever! Honestly, my second fastest race 5K ever, tri or not. Not really sure where that came from, but I am a happy girl with that!

Total time was 1:31:35.... great for me!

I got 4th in my age group..... AGAIN! That would be 4 races in a row! One day I will have my race. And it will be glorious!

Replies

• smc0170
    smc0170 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Great job! Nicely done on salvaging the bike with mechanical problems. That must have been really hard to try and get through.
  • EnduranceGirl2
    EnduranceGirl2 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Nice job getting through a tough ride. Sounds like you made up for it with a great run.
  • KathleenKP
    KathleenKP Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Haha on 4th place again. That's really neat!

Great job on all of it. :)
  • WannabeSC
    WannabeSC Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    all that went wrong, and you still had fun.....ain't triathlon great?! You win for best attitude.