Day 24: Thursday, October 16, 2014

Options
balancedwalker
balancedwalker Posts: 686 Member
edited October 2014 in Social Groups
How was your Day 23? For me it was was great as I finally got my calories under limit and did 30 minute walk. For Day 24, I intend to keep the same going for these twin victories.

What victories you are aiming for on Day 24?

Replies

• Maalea
    Maalea Posts: 16,197 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    Yesterday was rather exhausting, I had a long day at work, with several hours of teaching - and this morning another class, too. So now my voice definitely needs some rest ;-)
    But all in all, yesterday went good, I did stay below my calorie limit, and all that walking around in the classroom for some hours should be good, too.

Today:
    Stay below calorie limit
    get another walk in
    drink 8 glasses of water
    organize my desk at home
  • dlphnldy89
    Options
    Yesterday was a struggle. Felt like I had no energy. I did stay under my calorie balance and I managed to get my workouts in but I was seriously drained. We'll see how today goes. Same plan except hopefully I can get outside to walk today versus treadmill.
  • just_special
    just_special Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I gained over the weekend and I wasnt sure why (still don't know), and curiosity today got the best of me. I lost the 2 pounds I gained, thank goodness. Must have been water.

Today, my goal is to appropriately space my calories (not to have a large gap in time with no intake).
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    Yesterday went well. It was a rest day, so pretty easy.

Today, I'm so tired. And I have the munchies. So I've eaten an indulgent breakfast (french toast & bacon) and will go light for lunch instead of the other way around like I usually do.

Goals for today:
    1. stay within calories
    2. 10,000 steps
    3. 35 minutes of cross training (I think I'll do a Ripped in 30 workout)
  • danelutza19
    danelutza19 Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    Yesterday went by just fine and I was able to recover fully. Starting today I'm entering cake marathon because it's my daughters birthday this weekend and I always bake her elaborate cakes so the next 2 days I will keep busy... My goal is to indulge sensibly, within my calories, and enjoy this special time. after this weekend I only have to worry about 4 more holidays :smile:
    So happy I have to group here to make healthy plans and stay on track. We can do this!
  • Kenda2427
    Kenda2427 Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    Day 24 starting off well, Jillian Michael's Beginner Shred DVD workout 3, and healthy breakfast. Tonight I have spin class and boot camp. Goal is to stay under calorie count and try to increase my water. I really struggle with drinking enough.
  • everydamnday
    everydamnday Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    My goal may be a nap & a big dinner.

I did a 15 min warm up followed by 45 min of lifting & an hour of swimming all before a full work day!

• ketowerdefense
    ketowerdefense Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Today is bananas for me, with a visiting manager in the office and four back-to-back meetings.

Goals:
    - 5k run at the gym after work
    - 10 glasses of water before leaving the office
    - Don't eat back exercise calories
  • kikontx
    kikontx Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I was almost able to meet all of my goals yesterday - did the strength training this morning instead of last night.

Although this was not a goal, I was able to go to bed by 10:30 pm which is an improvement from the midnight bedtime I've been doing the last several weeks.

Goals for Day 24

- Drink 80-90 oz of water
    - Stay under calorie goal (includes eating back no more than half of exercise calories)
    - Jog two miles without stopping
  • NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    For the first time in recent memory - by that I mean OVER 10 years - I did Walking, 3.0 mph, mod. pace for 1 hour! Burned 377 calories – although certainly a little higher given my obesity status.

Also got in 4 glasses of water before 10 am - also a first
  • Mechdonna2
    Mechdonna2 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Balancedwalker,

Thanks for setting up this challenge. My fault, but my name is listed twice. See line 3040.
  • justdebbie1
    justdebbie1 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Still having trouble with my water. All other goals were met. Today's only goal really is to get all my water in.
  • libbeth_6212
    libbeth_6212 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Yesterday balancedwalker asked us about the weather and how it impacted our goals. For me, when we have weather fronts move through the area (which is pretty frequent in the Mid-Atlantic region in spring and fall) I am prone to nasty headaches. And that is exactly what happened yesterday and it's lingering today. I struggle to meet my food and fitness goals when I feel like this. Blegh.

I met my food and water goals yesterday, but not the 10K step goal because I felt like I did. Am worried that today will be the same but am going to try my hardest.

Have a great Day 24, everyone!
  • dawnmitchell6766
    dawnmitchell6766 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Met yesterdays goals and are the same for today:
    9 8oz glasses of water
    Day 4 of Level 3 30 DS
    10k steps
    Stay under calories
  • annangelich
    annangelich Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I am pretty sure I forgot to "check" in yesterday... all is well. I stayed within my calories and got my exercise in. My goal for day 24 is to gain more knowledge about general diet and weight loss, and to be more positive today. Yesterday went from good to grumpy in less than 10 seconds, so I will devote a little bit of my time today for me to re-group and clear my mind (thinking of doing a little yoga later today). Staying within my calories and getting my workout in.
  • moparjer
    moparjer Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Planning on a walk and Zumba tonight!
  • __hannah_
    __hannah_ Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Day 23 went great for me. Got in two walks with my dog and stayed under my calorie goals. So far for Day 24 I've got in one walk and a 45 min strength training workout. Hoping I stay under food calories today even though I'm going out to dinner and to get another walk in.
  • aprilh47
    aprilh47 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    feel as though i haven't quite achieved everything i could today, but i should really. ate really boring cardboard pizza at pizza hut while hubby demolished the buffet. stayed well under, made delicious meal for dinner and done an hours karate.
  • lalepepper
    lalepepper Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I did fairly well - was only over on calories by about 100, but could have had more veggies instead of pie!

Today I'm continuing to keep it simple by aiming to stay under or close to my calorie limit, drinking enough water, and sticking to reasonable sodium levels. So far so good, though I could have drank more water so far in the day.
  • dawnmitchell6766
    dawnmitchell6766 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Accomplished today's goal - it was a good day. :)