Day 23: Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Options
2»

Replies

• aprilh47
    aprilh47 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    LA is getting cold. This means additional opportunity to burn few extra calories. How is weather in your area impacting your goals?

its been raining in lovely Yorkshire most of the week, and thats fine with me, its getting colder and dark now by 6pm so had to change my running route. i quite like running in the rain rather that than hot sun. I find it refreshing, easier to breathe and not as many people about to critique my running technique or speed. Unfortunately my hubby always comes with me now its dark and hes faster than me and doesnt like the rain. So far im winning.
    jennalor wrote: »
    I switch over to nights shift for today and tomorrow and I tend not to get much done after I start nights!

not much is amazing, I got nothing at all done when i worked nights except sleep, i never saw my hubby and kids and ate all night to keep awake.
    thump419 wrote: »
    I haven't re-gained my love of running yet,

i think ive stole it, two weeks ago i was running my second park run, saying to myself "i hate running i hate running", and realize how much negative pressure i was putting on myself so start saying to myself, "i love runing i love running". And you know what its working. i had a particularly enjoyable run with a friend chatting a achieved 5k without even realising it. Now im hooked, im finding its clearing my mind and reducing my anxiety, lifting my mood. Unfortunately it doesnt last long but i dont go down with a bang anymore. im definalty been rewarded for my hard work. That or hypoxia.
  • Pandathon
    Pandathon Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    It's been raining around here lately but didn't matter, went running anyway!
    And swimming in the (heated) outdoor pool at night, with the underwater lights and under pouring rain, is actually pretty cool. ;)

Goal for today was to go swimming: burned 700cal in an hour
    Food target stayed in check

Signed up for a 10km run next week-end, goal is simply to finish the race...

This morning I weighed in at 100.0kg... Hope I'll be dropping a number tomorrow morning...
    Can't remember when was the last time I weighed less than 100...
    Starting to actually feel lighter when running :)
  • Mechdonna2
    Mechdonna2 Posts: 141 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    About weather impacting my exercise goals, no problem. I have been riding my bike outside in great weather. It has been in the 70's in VA.

But, I have to decrease my calories. I have cut out sweets for the most part, but my calorie count is higher than it should be.
  • catladyksa
    catladyksa Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Still hot and humid here....up around 98 F, but I am getting alot of my steps in at work. Have a treadmill at home so the weather does not effect me.
  • joe_hikeny
    joe_hikeny Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Today was another great day in a fun week.

13 OCT 30 Minutes of HIIT
    14 OCT 3.43 Mile Hike Bear MTN / 30 Min HIIT
    15 OCT 2 mile run / 1/2 mi walk / 30 min Weight Lifting

Stay Motivated

Joe
  • nicolejo143
    nicolejo143 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I didn't want to work out today but I did anyway, and I burned 553 calories doing it!
    I beat my daily goal of 500 exercise calories today! I did not eat enough yet today though so all thats left is to fuel up for tomorrow.

Tomorrows goals:
    -Burn 500 exercise calories calories
    -Focus on strength training, hips, glutes and core muscles
    -Go on a walk during my break
    -Eat less sugar (mfp has made more more aware that I need to cut back)
  • balancedwalker
    balancedwalker Posts: 686 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Fantastic goals. Keep them coming.
  • dawnmitchell6766
    dawnmitchell6766 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Yay, met my goals today. Bring on tomorrow!
  • Mechdonna2
    Mechdonna2 Posts: 141 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Balancedwalker,

I am on the sheet two times. My fault. Check out no. 3040.

Thanks for setting up this challenge.