Have a fasting plan for the coming holidays?

Options
angelamb1970
angelamb1970 Posts: 122 Member
Halloween in the past has always been a challenge for me. I ADORE chocolate, I shouldn't ever eat it though, because of my low carb/sugar goals. I can totally avoid it, but when it's in the house, I may have difficulties. This year I'm buying things I don't care for...skittles, starburst, etc (stuff NOT chocolate). Few years ago I bought "heathier" treats, popcorn packets to give out and my daughter and husband threw a fit and declared never again to be "that house" LOL, so... thats out of the question.

Next up: Thanksgiving. It falls on my fasting day, and I think I'm gonna try and fast that day!! am I nuts?!?! Well, I do all of the cooking and I'm usually too exhausted to eat much anyway when it comes time for dinner, so 500 calories worth of turkey and veggies should be ok. Just gotta stay away from the carbs, which I should be doing anyway.

Anyone else have a plan yet? Holiday parties, cookies!!!, etc?

Replies

• orlcam
    orlcam Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Oh man! I'm fasting right now and you just hit on some of my favorite things...my mouth is actually watering.

Haha..."that house"...I just did really laugh out loud.

I can hide on Halloween, we're in a rural area...kids are away (sad) so nothing to see/do.

Yes...you are "nuts"!
    For Thanksgiving there are lots of low cal things to pig out on, but I will most definitely indulge myself ...at least twice. Mac n Cheese will be the big thing...3 sticks of butter with 3 lbs of cheese, sour cream, eggs, etc. HmmHmmHmm! Oh oh OH and cheesecake...REAL cheesecake! So...I'll fast Monday, and go light (maybe 1000 cal) on Wednesday then pig out for the second time late on Thursday, and fast through Friday into Saturday. I am not a shopper so I'll be home on Friday/Saturday...no problems.

Now let's see if I can actually pull it off.
  • snaps27
    snaps27 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Oh...you both make me miss Halloween and Thanksgiving in the states!! I mean they do have Halloween here but its not the same... no smarties (nt the UK kind), no mini peanut butter cups and no mini heresy's bars ... Mmm Mr. Goodbar!! So i guess i have it easy with just Christmas and New years. And i will definitely non- fast day!
  • angelamb1970
    angelamb1970 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Hehhee Yeah... my stepmother the dentist gives out toothbrushes and floss :expressionless:

Your Thanksgiving sounds much more delicious than mine. For 30 people I usually make a turkey, ham, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, sourdough dressing, swiss chard, homemade cranberry sauce, a salad, green beans, brussels sprouts, homemade apple, pecan and pumpkin pies. Figure I can do quite a bit of turkey, I'll have an unadulterated (which means sans brown sugar & marshmallows) sweet potato, salad and sprouts. Desserts won't be an issue, and my favorite part of Thanksgiving is ALWAYS the next day... Mmmmm turkey piled high on bread with lots of mayo, pepper and cranberry sauce!!!

Sorry for the food fantasy on a fasting day LOL
  • orlcam
    orlcam Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    ...turkey, ham, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, sourdough dressing, swiss chard, homemade cranberry sauce, a salad, green beans, brussels sprouts, homemade apple, pecan and pumpkin pies. Figure I can do quite a bit of turkey, I'll have an unadulterated (which means sans brown sugar & marshmallows) sweet potato, salad and sprouts. Desserts won't be an issue, and my favorite part of Thanksgiving is ALWAYS the next day... Mmmmm turkey piled high on bread with lots of mayo, pepper and cranberry sauce!!!

Sorry for the food fantasy on a fasting day LOL
    Oh yeah right...I bet you're sorry...you did that on purpose!

I'm not reading any more of this thread...so there.

I am not a big candy person...I love food though...more of a meat and potatoes macaroni type of guy.
  • AlyssaJoJo
    AlyssaJoJo Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I'm just going to move my fasting days around thanksgiving. For Halloween I'm not too worried. I've had halloween chocolate in the house for weeks now and I've been fine. And for Christmas I have family flying in this year so I might just skip that week all together.