It's far too quiet on here

Options
Need some more Atkins buddies to interact with. It's far too quiet on the discussion board.

Replies

• jmarton1977
    jmarton1977 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I concur! What shall we discuss?
  • vaporhero3
    Options
    Anything lol. Just need to liven up the boards.
  • ssjones999
    ssjones999 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm still doing induction. Week #3. Lost 6lbs so far.
  • marichairs
    marichairs Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hello:) so whats been the hardest part of going low carb for you guys??
  • jmarton1977
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I was fine - totally fine - until about a week ago when I decided that I wanted to eat all of the pastry and doughnuts ever. I don't even like doughnuts.... I'm just about to finish week six and I'm finding that I'm getting a little bored. Trying to be creative is hard! I should also note that I didn't actually eat any of those things.
  • marichairs
    Options
    Pastas and breads I'm good I don't miss it like i thought I would but I crave fruit.Me too on the bored part I love salads so I try to make different ones everyday for lunch. But get stuck on dinner options.
  • vaporhero3
    Options
    ssjones999 wrote: »
    I'm still doing induction. Week #3. Lost 6lbs so far.

Great job! It's a very exciting time!
  • jmarton1977
    Options
    Um. So what the heck happened to the boards. I knew they were changing them, but every day I come on here and it's different.
  • vaporhero3
    Options

Seems like the boards are more active now
  • MelRC117
    MelRC117 Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    I think some people forget to check the "Groups" and you can't see when there are new posts in this new format!
  • Abydos3
    Abydos3 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Sadly our tickers seem to be hiding from our post signatures(unless that's just me, but I tried it with ABP turned off too).

Toughest temptation: fruit and cupcakes. My kiddo just turned 3, I did not resist the cupcakes. She's always eating fruit and tries to share with me, she looks so heart broken when I tell her it's all for her.
  • jmarton1977
    Options
    Unrelated to anything - this is both a vent, and a "Yay Me" post. Yesterday was pretty much the worst day ever. It started with me forgetting my coffee on the counter (which I didn't realize until I was AT work - I'm a bit of a coffee addict, so this was a big deal). Managed to get chewed out at work first thing in the morning, and made a couple of big mistakes and pissed off some people, and then I come home to find my kitchen crawling with ants, so I spent most of the evening hosing down everything with Lysol and bleach, while nursing an enormous tension headache. Fun times.

Positives - got some decent exercise cleaning. AND I ate really well, since all I really wanted was a super greasy cheeseburger, with a mountain of French fries and instead I ate a nice piece of salmon and some Brussels sprouts. That's like.... completely unheard of for me when I'm stressed out.

Work has gotten really really really stressful over the past week, and I'm not coping terribly well (assuming that's what's causing my 2lb gain this week including not drinking enough water, too much salt, not enough sleep, and TOM). I need an "It gets better" video.
  • DragonzMom
    DragonzMom Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Starting induction today. I have struggled lasting more than 3-4 days on 20g carbs lately (off/on Atkins the past 3mos!) but Atkins worked so well for me several years ago. Hopefully support from this app & Atkins group will help!!
  • MistressPi
    MistressPi Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    MelRC117 wrote: »
    I think some people forget to check the "Groups" and you can't see when there are new posts in this new format!

Yeah, the recent changes to the website screwed it up. "Recent Posts" do not include a listing of new posts in YOUR groups. Gosh, I hate so many of the recent changes to the website and app. *grumble* *moan*

• marichairs
    Options
    Unrelated to anything - this is both a vent, and a "Yay Me" post. Yesterday was pretty much the worst day ever. It started with me forgetting my coffee on the counter (which I didn't realize until I was AT work - I'm a bit of a coffee addict, so this was a big deal). Managed to get chewed out at work first thing in the morning, and made a couple of big mistakes and pissed off some people, and then I come home to find my kitchen crawling with ants, so I spent most of the evening hosing down everything with Lysol and bleach, while nursing an enormous tension headache. Fun times.

Positives - got some decent exercise cleaning. AND I ate really well, since all I really wanted was a super greasy cheeseburger, with a mountain of French fries and instead I ate a nice piece of salmon and some Brussels sprouts. That's like.... completely unheard of for me when I'm stressed out.

Work has gotten really really really stressful over the past week, and I'm not coping terribly well (assuming that's what's causing my 2lb gain this week including not drinking enough water, too much salt, not enough sleep, and TOM). I need an "It gets better" video.

Congrats on not eating that burger. I also didn't lose any weight this week but havent been drinking as much water as normal. still hope to get under 300 before the month is over.
  • mora982
    mora982 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I'm on extended induction. 3 weeks now and I'm 9 lbs down!!
  • deansdad101
    deansdad101 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    mora982 wrote: »
    Mora;

Looks like it's going well so far, are you tracking ketones?

Macros look good but I'd be a little concerned about sodium - think about a cup or two of broth/day

• mora982
    mora982 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Mora;

Macros look good but I'd be a little concerned about sodium - think about a cup or two of broth/day

I tried to add one cube of chicken broth to some water but I didn't like it so any suggestions?
  • deansdad101
    deansdad101 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Mora;

I tried to add one cube of chicken broth to some water but I didn't like it so any suggestions?

Did you try the beef bouillon cubes? HerbOx work for me.

If that doesn't work, some will add butter, coconut oil, even heavy cream (whatever suits your taste)

Homemade (use the carcass) is the best (IMO) but not always an option.
  • timwhoa
    timwhoa Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    atkins i s hard, eve n for us long term peeps