The Daily Burn

Options

Replies

• leannabseven
    leannabseven Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Mark, this actually sounds like fun! I've been curious about Pilates, so I may have to give it a try.
  • leannabseven
    Options
    I got up and went to the gym today, and it was strange...I didn't even think about it. I just got dressed and went. The Mister said, "Oh...off to the gym early?" And I said, "It appears I am...I've put my shoes on!".

The best part was that it was over for the day. But then we went shopping, which turned into a nearly 2 hour event of trying to find foods that are good for both of us. And I bought a bunch of bulk meat, so when I got home, I had to play butcher and get it all put away. I was worn out, but it was a good kind of tired. A day well-spent. :)
  • Etherlily1
    Etherlily1 Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    @LeAnna - That was a day well spent. Not every exercise or high calorie burn we have needs to come from exercise. I have a couple of criteria I use to decide if something is exercise: 1 - Did I work my muscles more intensely than just lifting the remote? 2 - Did my heart rate get up there with the activity? 3 - Do I physically feel like I just had a workout? So, I say count it! You worked hard. :drinker:
  • leannabseven
    Options
    Lately, I have been struggling to get myself to the gym or to get any real exercise. I know it's some psychological/emotional thing I need to deal with, but I can't quite pinpoint the source. But in 3 weeks we'll be leaving the park and I won't have a gym to go to anytime I want; it's just wrong for me not to be there as much as I can.

I have nearly reached the point in my weight loss that is equal to the biggest loss I've had in my history. I think this has some part to play in what's going on, but I don't know what or how.

Perhaps I just need to shut up and follow my program. I think I'll give that a try. :tongue: :wink:
  • lisa9511
    lisa9511 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    So, I am about 20lbs into a 100+ journey. I work out at the local YMCA on Monday, Tues, and Thurs-- mostly treadmill, stationary bike, and recently short elliptical bursts. I have added a lunch time yoga class to the mix on Tuesdays. I use a bodymedia fit so I know how many calories I burn in a day both being alive and working out. I found out early that I underestimate what I eat and overestimate what I burn.
    I have a good routine and I am seeing BMI steadily decrease along with about 1-2lb a week. This is really the first time I have tried to lose. I don't remember it being so hard to put it on. I guess I will just keep pushing along until it's all gone.
  • emmerin78
    emmerin78 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I have nearly reached the point in my weight loss that is equal to the biggest loss I've had in my history. I think this has some part to play in what's going on, but I don't know what or how.

Perhaps I just need to shut up and follow my program. I think I'll give that a try. :tongue: :wink:

I feel ya on that, LeAnna. I'm just a hair from my 50% excess weight lost mark, and I'm having a hard time getting myself back into the routine of the gym. This summer we did tons of walking outdoors and some swimming at our town pool, so I wasn't in the gym and lifting weights/doing cardio as religiously as I was last winter/spring. The result is that my loss has slowed way down, I'm not feeling as energized, and I'm just sick of myself being such a bump on a log. Time for a major kick in the pants! I am determined to get to the gym at least 3 nights in the coming week, and I just ordered the PiYo DVDs so I have something to do every morning before work.

Let's get moving! :happy:

p.s. where are you headed to next? I love living vicariously through my friends' tales of RV life :wink:
  • leannabseven
    Options
    @Tara, I'm also at my 50% mark...almost exactly. I've lost 67 and and have 61 to go. I have decided that I need to recommit to myself and my plans to change my life. No more excuses...just gonna shut up and do it. I had a chance to do that this evening after getting home from work. I was making all kinds of excuses why it made sense for me to skip working out. Then, I decided that the very act of making excuses meant I needed to put my tennis shoes on and get at it. :)

We are leaving here at the end of this month and going to Quartzsite, Arizona for the winter. We've made reservations at a park that has both rock hounding and jewelry making classes...two things we are really into.
  • p1xyn1xy
    p1xyn1xy Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Tara, tell me how the PiYo DVD's are... I'm very curious!!! :)
  • incredibleshrinkingjackie
    Options
    i am going back to the gym tomorrow. i am going to do aquacize. i'm nervous. haven't been the gym at all since late august. i had a tumor removed from my back and the damn thing go infected and had to be reopened and drained and packed and ugh yuck! but it is finally healed and i will be back in the water tomorrow with my new size 18 swimsuit on! :)
  • 808malia
    808malia Posts: 631 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Yesterday I danced and played wii sports with my husband for over 2 hours! It was a lot of fun and a very good workout :p Feels good to get some exercise in. Been slackin for too long!
  • Etherlily1
    Options
    I've been doing 5K Zombie Run training. It has a story line that goes along with it making it interesting. I don't have to keep time as the program does that on its own. Today's story was kind of sad, but such things happen in zombie apocalypses. I have joined the Fitbit group and doing challenges. I am really pushing to get first place and to hold it. I almost lost it for a bit there, but it motivated me to get up and walk for over thirty minutes allowing me to pull ahead.
  • 808malia
    Options
    So I finally made it to the gym yesterday and ran on the elliptical for 45min! I feel so good about myself (*)
  • Etherlily1
    Options
    Malia - That is great! Keep it up!
  • 808malia
    Options
    Thanks! I will B)
  • 808malia
    Options
    Today my husband and I are going for a nice bike ride, and maybe we'll stop by the gym for a little extra burn while were out riding around! Feels good to get back into the swing of things ;)
  • emmerin78
    emmerin78 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    This week has been a good one. Got to the gym and did a full weights/step circuit, plus some extra ab work on Tuesday, more weights plus 10 minutes on the elliptical and 50 on the treadmill last night, and then this evening we are going for a 5 mile hike at Longwood Gardens to see the last of the holiday lights display before it closes. Should be frosty but fun! :)

And thanks to all of you for continuing to serve as sources of inspiration!
  • 808malia
    Options
    So last night I didn't make it to the gym but I did do 15 min of zumba at home and a nice bike ride! Today I'll probably add 5-10 min to my zumba routine... baby steps o:)
    8457505.png
  • dward59
    dward59 Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    Two and a half hours of cross desert hiking/rock scrambling. Great day!
  • 808malia
    Options
    Sounds fun!
  • p1xyn1xy
    p1xyn1xy Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to say... if any of the problem of getting back into Zumba is routine boredom.
    Try Lauren Fitz on Youtube. Some Zumba... some dance fitness... but she tapes all the routines in her classes. So you can pick and choose how hard you want to sweat that day or what you're ready for. She always putting new ones out with the most current songs. It makes it fun. :smile: I really love the ones her friend Kelsi choreographs.