389 pounds, looking for friends

Options
Neritel
Neritel Posts: 24 Member
Hi all :)

I believe that i have overcome the original reasons for my overweight and i have been eating healthily for two years now - apparently too much for losing the weight though :/ Anyway I am here to lose the weight for good though, i log in every day and log every bite and lick. I find that having a jawbone activity tracker helps me a lot.

A few things about me: On the 10th of july i finally found a pretty accurate scale and it showed scary 190.3 kg, that is about 420 lbs. (I am 1.79m / about 5.9 feet). It is almost a month now that i joined mfp and i have lost just under 20 lbs since then. Since a had lost some weight before mpf, i now weigh in at 389 lbs or 176.6 kg.
I either walk with my dog or exercise in our pool, usually two hours at a time, swimming, aqua jogging, weights, webbed gloves etc.

After years of hiding in the house and keeping my weight a secret, I now go out every day and have started to talk openly about my weight. I thought it is time to apply that to mfp as well and find some friends - after all i have a very long way to go.

So here I am, looking for friends to keep each other motivated :)

Replies

• Owlie45
    Owlie45 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    I'm going to send you a request.
    332.8 currently. Was on MFP before and got down to 307 before excuses got in the way. I am on everyday. I have a physical job that has me on my feet moving for several hours 6 days out of the week. I wish I had a pool but we do have 11 acres of woods with trails that I like to walk and kinda have to, to get trash out that homeless people keep leaving. Or I walk my dog, Rottie named Angel.
  • AllieLosingIt
    AllieLosingIt Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I'm sending a request, too! I started MFP at 336.2, down from 360. I'm somewhere in the 311-315 range now. Great job on your loss so far, you should be so proud of yourself! :D
  • dannyxtyler
    dannyxtyler Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I had to go to the hospital at the end of May, and I weighed in at 409 pounds! On June 1st, I promised myself a fresh start. I've lost 45 pounds since and now weigh 364. I've never really talked much about my weight... but my starting weight is VERY close to what yours was. I'd love to be here to motivate you, so I am requesting you as a friend.
  • Neritel
    Neritel Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Danny! I hope i will be able to return that favor :)
  • FatFighter1982
    FatFighter1982 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Sent a friend request :-)
  • QuillensMom
    QuillensMom Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I was 384 when I started-and kudos to you on your progress so far! Add me, I'm here daily and could use some more friends who are over 300 as well!
  • Savedandsanctified
    Savedandsanctified Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I am currently 384, shrinking and sending you a friend request.
  • smalleyez06
    smalleyez06 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I would love to add you as a friend. When I am on a computer next I will. It won't let me on my phone right now . This is my second time around on MFP. I am currently 325. Lost 7 lbs my 1st week, adding exercise this week to try and keep the numbers going down. Lady time I got down to 284. My goal is to get to 225 and then maybe 200.
  • sandradickie
    sandradickie Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I currently weigh 252 lbs. My highest recorded weight was 485 lbs. I had gastric by pass surgery 12/20/02 and lost down to 194. Long story short, my weight has been climbing steadily and I realized that I have not been paying attention to myself and my health. As we all know, this is a daily battle. I would appreciate the support and motivation of other people who understand this journey. I would welcome new friends so please send me a request.
  • Unstoppable4
    Unstoppable4 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I would love to add you! I am starting at 407 and hoping to lose at least 200 in total. But my first goal is to lose 5% of my body weight, approximately 20 lbs.
  • mel_sum
    mel_sum Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am new to the group and I am in the same boat. I weigh in at 395 and would be looking for new friends as well for support