Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

New from Arizona

shaumom
shaumom Posts: 1,003 Member
New to the group and just saying hi!

I'm 42 and I'm FINALLY trying to lose weight after a huge gain in the last year. I had a new, medically required diet and in the time it took to figure it out, I'd gained 40 pounds, ouch.

It seems much harder to lose the weight now that I'm over 40; anybody else running into that?

In any case, I look forward to getting to know you. :-)

Replies

• I definitely find it harder to lose weight now that I'm in my forties. I lost 115 lbs at 32 years old in less than a year. At 46 y.o. I've lost 53 lbs in 6 or 7 months, and now I've plateaued for 4 or 5 weeks. I'll be very lucky if I shed 75 lbs at the end of 12 months.

Welcome to the group!
  • BusyB223
    BusyB223 Posts: 248 Member
    Welcome to the group... AZ will be home for me soon.

I am in my 40's and I thought I could change up my diet and not exercise but it just wasn't enough to make those pounds go away so I got scared thinking I wouldn't be able to remove them because of my age. I have sense changed my whole mindset on that. I get moving every single day. :)

It's going very well. So far its been a 30LBs removal in 5.5 months for me. I'll take it!

Add me if you like!