Mauled hiker in North Carolina needs help

Options
Miss_Hiker_Pants
Miss_Hiker_Pants Posts: 229 Member
edited October 2014 in Social Groups
Passing this along hoping to get the word out.

My friend and her two dogs were mauled by a pack of bear hunting hounds while camping in the Smoky Mountains in North Carolina this past Monday. She fought off the dogs with a stick and a tent stake for 45 minutes waiting for the hunters to show up. During that time, she sustained bites to her hands and legs, one of her dogs was almost killed and the other one may require surgery to recover from a life-threatening abdominal injury.

The hunters had little to no control of their dogs when they showed up. They offered my friend no help in getting off them mountain or in seeking medical attention for herself or her dog. In fact, the dogs were loosed on the mountain again before my friend was safely back inside her car.

We need help finding these guys before someone else gets hurt. They would have been camping in the Snowbird Wilderness area in Graham County, North Carolina at least on Sunday the 12th and Monday the 13th. Any information regarding the identities of this men should be reported to the Graham County Sheriff's Department at (828) 479-3352.

Replies

• Miss_Hiker_Pants
    Miss_Hiker_Pants Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    There is now a facebook page called Justice for Kadie. If you are in this are PLEASE PLEASE PlEASE. Check it out. She has a description of the hound owners, and vehicle they were driving.