Your Recent Labs

Options
Peloton73
Peloton73 Posts: 148 Member
I thought we could have a thread where we share our recent labs. Most of us are getting labs done every three months. I met with my Endo this past Friday. In the last 6 months my a1c went from 7.0 to 6.1 to 5.7. I'm pretty happy about my results. My goal for January is 5.2.

Replies

• mrron2u
    mrron2u Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Great idea! And BTW - Thanks for reminding me to set up my 3 month Diabetes checkup with my doctor - I should have my latest results at the end of this month!
  • amberj32
    amberj32 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! I get my labs done at the end of this month. Hopefully I have good news too!
  • leanmachine514
    leanmachine514 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I thought we could have a thread where we share our recent labs. Most of us are getting labs done every three months. I met with my Endo this past Friday. In the last 6 months my a1c went from 7.0 to 6.1 to 5.7. I'm pretty happy about my results. My goal for January is 5.2.

WoW! That's fantastic. My last labs only showed .25% drop, but I'll take it. It's going in the right direction
  • trimminit
    trimminit Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    That's a great idea! Thanks for starting this.

I had my labs drawn this morning. Now just waiting on the results.

I have an idea of what my results will be, but I'm hoping for the best.

I've been experimenting with more exercise and detailed calorie counting rather than limited carbs. I still kept an eye on my carb intake. It works for some people...but I have not lost any weight from this method. I really like to exercise, but of course it makes me hungrier. I did have a calorie limit (tried lower and higher limits), but I haven't seen much progress in the weight loss or glucose department.
    So, I am going back to limiting my carbs and sticking with it. It works, it's fairly simple and I feel better.

According to home kits, my a1c was 7.1 (today) and my cholesterol ranged from 129-170-some (between the last few days).
    I'm not sure I trust the home cholesterol kit (we will see this week when the lab results come in), but the a1c kit is usually pretty close. I use the tests to give me a heads up and simply out of curiosity. I like to see how they compare to "real" results.

Last year, I was close to getting off the last of the meds (metformin 500mg 1x/day), but my nutrition has been a struggle and my a1c is back up.

When my results come in, I'll be looking for:
    Cholesterol - Mine was high and the doctor wanted to put me on medicine. I've been exercising a lot and I'm hoping for improvement.
    Microalbumin - With my higher a1c level I'm hoping all is still ok here.
    And of course my a1c. I know it's high. I just want an official reading so I can move forward and focus on lowering it these next three months.

Happy for your great results! Good work.
  • TelJanin
    TelJanin Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    A1c
    2014-07-03 (diagnosis): 11.4
    2014-08-13: 7.5
    2014-10-09: 5.2

Lipids
    Test           2014-07-03 2014-10-09
    =============  ========== ==========
    Cholesterol        248        100
    HDL                 45         38
    LDL                157         47
    Triglycerides      230         77

• Peloton73
    Peloton73 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Nice job TelJanin!
  • leanmachine514
    leanmachine514 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    WoW What an accomplishment TelJanin. Mine comes up next month. I'm hoping for a good drop this time.
  • tngram2seven
    tngram2seven Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Congrats to those of you making improvements! Teljanin - you inspire me! My A1c was 5.4 in July. I have been working out, losing weight, and finely serious about eating right. Even though 5.4 is great, I'd like to be able to decrease my Metformin (1500mg currently) so I am hoping for a fantastic reading in Nov.
  • Dakota106
    Dakota106 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Teljanin that is awesome!! We would love to know a little about your diet and exercise to get those results. Are you doing low carb? Di
  • Dakota106
    Options
    Almost forgot 3 months ago A1C 7.5 cholesterol total 213 LDL 121 Last week A1C 6.2 cholest. 204 LDL 103
  • TelJanin
    TelJanin Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Dakota106 wrote: »
    Teljanin that is awesome!! We would love to know a little about your diet and exercise to get those results. Are you doing low carb? Di

Yeah, I'm doing a LCHF diet. I'm on... well, now 1500 mg of Metformin ER, as of yesterday. I'm not thrilled about it, because I feel like I should still be a little more controlled - 5.0 or less. (Was at 2000). I'm also taking a statin, although that has also just been cut in half as well.

I'm averaging about... oh, 40g of carbs a day. I grill a lot, and everyone at the meat counter at the grocery store knows me by sight. I'm the crazy guy who comes in twice a week and buys a bunch of steaks with some chicken and seafood.
  • Dakota106
    Options
    That's great.I was doing lc but actually my numbers are much lower with a high volume of veggies,believe it or not too much meat makes my #'s go up!!
  • cclepew
    cclepew Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    05/14 : A1c 10.6
    08/14: A1c 7.0
    11/14: A1c 6.3

I was diagnosed in May of this year, and am so relieved to see those numbers going down! I had a lingering cold/virus thing for about six weeks in September/October. That made it hard to control my blood glucose (and I didn't feel well enough to exercise regularly like I had been doing). So my November A1c should have been a lot better, but as long as it keeps improving, I'm happy. :)
  • amberj32
    Options
    cclepew wrote: »
    05/14 : A1c 10.6
    08/14: A1c 7.0
    11/14: A1c 6.3

I was diagnosed in May of this year, and am so relieved to see those numbers going down! I had a lingering cold/virus thing for about six weeks in September/October. That made it hard to control my blood glucose (and I didn't feel well enough to exercise regularly like I had been doing). So my November A1c should have been a lot better, but as long as it keeps improving, I'm happy. :)

Great job!! Looks like you are getting it under control! Awesome! :)

• GlucernaBrand
    Options
    It's fantastic to see how the changes you've put in place are giving you the results you want. ~Lynn /Glucerna
  • amberj32
    Options
    My most recent labs: (11/06/14)

A1c - 5.9%
    Cholesterol Total - 146
    HDL - 56
    LDL - 80
    Trigylcerides - 48
    Cholesterol/HDLC Ratio - 2.6

Everything was in the normal range. :)

(diagnosed April/May 2014 - 11.4 A1c)
  • tngram2seven
    Options
    GREAT, Amber! I am still waiting for my lab report.
  • tngram2seven
    Options
    I got my lab report yesterday. I was surprised that my A1c went from 5.4 to 5.7 even though I am finally keeping my carbs below 150 gms. Oh, well - all my labs were "perfect" to quote my doctor so I am happy. She is happy with the 5.7 so I will just keep on keeping on for now!
  • mrron2u
    mrron2u Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    amberj32 wrote: »
    My most recent labs: (11/06/14)

A1c - 5.9%
    Cholesterol Total - 146
    HDL - 56
    LDL - 80
    Trigylcerides - 48
    Cholesterol/HDLC Ratio - 2.6

Everything was in the normal range. :)

(diagnosed April/May 2014 - 11.4 A1c)

Looks like we are a1c twins Amber! Mine is now 5.9 also! Nice work!
  • tngram2seven
    Options
    Great, Ron! You have worked hard and it shows!