Introduce Yourself Here

Options
aphello
aphello Posts: 43 Member
edited October 2014 in Social Groups
Hey everyone, welcome to T25 Warriors!! I'm excited to have you join the group and help keep each other ON TRACK TO GET IT DONE.

I have a very busy schedule, probably like a lot of you, finding time to work out is tough - so I started this group for us all to push each other to keep going.

Introduce yourself and share your goals/obstacles and let's get to know each other better!

Stats -
Height: 6'2"
Weight: 210
Goal: Lose 15 pounds and lose the body fat - get shredded!
Biggest obstacle: Being consistent and staying focused

Replies

• tiffanydawnn
    tiffanydawnn Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm Tiffany. Looking to drop some pounds. My goal is 20lbs by the new year. I'm hoping that 10 weeks of T25 will take me there. I'm on my second day and so far I love it.

Stats
    Height: 5'5"
    Weight: 218
    Goal: Lose 20lbs by 2015
    Biggest obstacle: My work schedule (shift work/days and nights, 12 hour shifts)

I'm telling myself if I can't commit 25 minutes a day to lose weight than I don't deserve to. So I'm ready to FOCUS!
  • aphello
    Options
    Right on Tiffany - glad to have you here! Are you going to start with some of the others (including myself) from Day 1 on the 20th? community.myfitnesspal.com/en/event/66-focus-t25-begins
  • stickytapir
    Options
    Hey all. I'm Ellie :) Trying to get the last 10kg off (20ish pounds?). I started this time last year and lost 12kg by January. I know it'll be a little tougher that I'm a bit lighter, but I want it gone for good.

Starting stats:

Height: 165cm (5'5'?)
    Weight: 71kg
    Goal weight: 60-62 kg
    Biggest obstacle: university exams. My final exams are coming in mid November, so I thought T25 would be the best to fit in to my study schedule.

I'm hoping to be able to shift a clothing size by the end of the year, I think that's attainable :)

I've already got a little head start (this is my first week/first attempt) and just finished day 2 of speed 1.0

• nic632
    nic632 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Hiya, I'm Nic and looking to lose about 10lbs, however my main target is to lose inches and body fat - weight is just an added bonus! :)

Stats:
    Height: 5'1"
    Weight: 126lbs
    Goal weight: 116lbs
    Biggest obstacle: portion control (especially pasta), staying focused and coming up with excuses as to why I can't manage a 25min workout!
  • aphello
    Options
    Hi Nic and Ellie - welcome to the group, it's great to have you with us! I forgot to mention that my name is Brandon. Look forward to kicking T25's butt with you all!!

I printed out the calendar and have it posted on my wall, I'm cooking up a bunch of chicken tonight to make my meal making easier this week and I threw a bunch of junk food away. I got this...
  • nic632
    nic632 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Good for you for getting prepared. :) One of my problems is not eating enough fruit & veg and hardly any water. Don't really have a problem with junk food and I'm not bothered by biscuits or crisps, though over last few weeks I've been going through a craving for marshmallows which if I was on a fat free diet I wouldn't have a problem! :D
  • aphello
    Options
    Marshmallows huh? Random! :smile:
  • becclesbecca
    becclesbecca Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Becca and just love working out. I have just finished a round of Insanity and have done my first week of T25 although happy to restart to join the rest of you.

Stats:
    Height: 5' 11"
    Weight: 155lbs
    Goal weight: it would be nice to lose a few pounds but it is not really my main goal.
    Goal: To be super fit and able to complete the gamma stage of T25 which looks challenging - and be able to do lots of press ups properly.
    Biggest Obstacle: I get hungry a lot so have to eat every few hours. I tend to eat healthily but I eat a lot.
  • taxreliever8
    taxreliever8 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone....I'm new to MFP, but have been a long time user of Beachbody Products. I actually bought T25 a few months ago and have been using it off and on (once or twice a week) since then...I have not done the entire programs all the way through and this is as good a time as any to do so with this group.

I started MFP because after losing 50+ pounds over the last few years, this past year, I've quietly gained (thinking I was doing a good job maintaining - I did decent I think) about 20 and am very very disappointed about it. I knew I had gained a few, but didn't think it was 20!!! I stayed away from the scales, but after seeing a few pictures of myself and noticing clothes getting tight, I did and am ready to once again make the change! UGH!

Stats -
    Height: 5'6"
    Weight: 199
    Goal: Lose 30 pounds (going to try 20 by Christmas!)
    Biggest obstacle: As with everyone, time and schedule is challenging...I own my own business, have 2 very young boys and it's hard to be consistent. Next on the list of obstacles is food....I have a desk job and it's easy to snack throughout the night or day, EVEN if it's a healthy snack.
  • taxreliever8
    taxreliever8 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone....I'm new to MFP, but have been a long time user of Beachbody Products. I actually bought T25 a few months ago and have been using it off and on (once or twice a week) since then...I have not done the entire programs all the way through and this is as good a time as any to do so with this group.

I started MFP because after losing 50+ pounds over the last few years, this past year, I've quietly gained (thinking I was doing a good job maintaining - I did decent I think) about 20 and am very very disappointed about it. I knew I had gained a few, but didn't think it was 20!!! I stayed away from the scales, but after seeing a few pictures of myself and noticing clothes getting tight, I did and am ready to once again make the change! UGH!

Stats -
    Weight: 199
    Goal: Lose 30 pounds (going to try 20 by Christmas!)
    Biggest obstacle: As with everyone, time and schedule is challenging...I own my own business, have 2 very young boys and it's hard to be consistent. Next on the list of obstacles is food....I have a desk job and it's easy to snack throughout the night or day, EVEN if it's a healthy snack.

Forgot to say name is Ken. :)
  • leahhugh
    leahhugh Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Hi all! My name is Leah, decided to start over T25 today being Day 1, after only getting 3 days in last week. I just completed a move from UK to US, so I fell off the wagon :(. February to May of this year I completed P90X3 and got okay results. Did T25 for two weeks and got amazing results, so here I am again! I need accountability partners, so feel free to add me!

Stats
    Weight: 150
    Goal: 135
    Biggest obstacle: Actually getting it done. I am lazy.
  • aphello
    Options
    Hi Ken and Leah - so awesome to have you guys/gals with us! Ken - I feel you with owning your own business, same here. Many would think owning your own business affords you more freedom and flexibility, which in some cases may be true, but I know your pain on STILL struggling to be consistent!

It's hard to keep routines with your own business because your business routine can change in a blink of an eye depending on what the business needs.

Leah - love the lazy admission. :smiley:

Day 1 people - start strong!
  • tiffanydawnn
    tiffanydawnn Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    aphello wrote: »
    Right on Tiffany - glad to have you here! Are you going to start with some of the others (including myself) from Day 1 on the 20th? community.myfitnesspal.com/en/event/66-focus-t25-begins

I'm going to stick to my original schedule just because it fits in better with my work schedule. I'm off most weekends and would rather use those days to work out rather than rest days.
  • bananas162
    bananas162 Posts: 21 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Hey guys, I'm Becky! I couldn't start yesterday so I'm playing catch up today and doing two workouts. Cardio done.. Speed 1.0 later on. :)

Stats..
    HEIGHT: 5'6
    WEIGHT: 128lbs
    GOAL: I don't really have a goal weight, I'd like to lose some fat, gain muscle and just general fitness really. I have a pair of 'goal jeans' if that counts!?
    BIGGEST OBSTACLE: Not gonna lie.. alcohol. I love a few beers to wind down after work!
  • skinny4me2be
    skinny4me2be Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I'm on week 3 day 2! LOVING T-25. I'm a busy full time working mom so the 25minute work out is perfect for me. I am not doing their meal plan or shakeology, but following my calorie intake here on MFP. Had a few slip ups as my weekends are my trouble spot, but get right back on track. I also wear a Fitbit One. I've lost 1.6lbs and close to 10 inches I think it was already. Not so much in the weight dept, but inches are going-which is great to see.

Stats:
    HT: 5' 6.5"
    Weight: 198.0
    Goal: TBD
    Biggest Obstacle: Weekends--dinners, drinks, etc.

Good Luck all!
  • webdevsoup
    webdevsoup Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Hey all, Adam here. I'm a web developer by trade (own my own business as well), and I'm a software developer for my full time job. I started T25 yesterday, and am ready to ride it out. My biggest problem is that I brew my own beer at home, so am VERY susceptible to drinking every day. I love beer, crave beer, and always want to have a pint. It's a stress reliever as well, for me. But, so is running.

Stats -
    Height: 5'10"
    Weight: 210
    Goal: To get down to 175 lbs; Complete my 25k; Train for 2 Full Marathons (October 2015, January 2016)
    Biggest obstacle: Snacking and beer.

My ultimate goal is to get ripped, have a nice little 6-pack, and live until I'm EXTREMELY old, for my daughters.
  • katherinemab
    katherinemab Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hi All, Kait here. I'm an IT Consultant which leaves me sitting on my butt with a lot of free time. Starting T25 today as I've heard nothing bit great things. On day 23 with MFP and am down 8lbs, excited to see what T25 can do!

Stats -
    Height: 5'4"
    Weight:162
    Goal: 145 (1st of many) and tone, tone, tone!
    Biggest Obstacle: My husband. Brings terrible food into the house and loves the couch.
  • aphello
    Options
    Right on Becky - way to commit!! Great to have you in the group Skinny, Adam & Kait.
  • vlcraven
    Options
    Hi I'm Victoria. I'm a senior in college and an intern for the state so I'm sitting a lot. I started t25 yesterday. I'm just hoping to loose as much as I'm able to.

Stats
    Height: 5'9'
    Weight: 290
    Goal: loosing weight
    Biggest Obstacle: My boyfriend and staying motivated.
  • webdevsoup
    webdevsoup Posts: 384 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Hey everyone, if you haven't seen it yet, at the top of the group is "Announcements" (http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10007993/progress-tracker-check-in-here#Item_4). There is a link in there to a Google Document that you can "check-off" after you have done your workout. Click the link, bookmark it, check in every day!

Also, if there is anything you'd like to see in the Google Document, feel free to let me know, or aphello (Brandon), and we'll do our best to implement it in to the document. Some examples would be: Tracking weight and other measurements; Having the option to mark "Nailed It" or "Struggled", and having it track how often you're "nailing it" and how often you're "struggling". Graphing changes (not sure if that's available in Google Docs or not).