My Promise (as new owner)

Options
orlcam
orlcam Posts: 533 Member
So here we are...the old group is supposedly gone for good and we need to start looking ahead. First let me say that if everyone (collectively) wants to start a new group with a new name, new direction, etc. then that's fine, I'll go where everyone else does...I'd rather stay together than be an owner of a group.

That being said, it looks like you all are stuck with me...for better or for worse.

The Good:
I'll NEVER delete the group, for any reason. If it happens it will be from an outside source (MFP, a hacker, my wife...after I'm dead ;) ). I expect that MFP will have to create (if they haven't already) the ability to "hand off" a group to another user, but until that day comes you have my word that I'll keep it safe. Other pros: I like to cook (you've seen some of my recipes); I am currently very active (daily...only in this group); I believe in 5:2 (more than any diet I've tried in the past); I have a background in technology with many years of web and graphical development (not sure if that's going to help); before the internet became popular (boy do I feel old) I used to run one of the biggest independent bulletin board systems (BBS) in the southern United States (at 40+ phone lines plus telnet); I feel I'm an empathetic, honest, and just individual (but who doesn't?); I have a lot of weight to lose (maintenance is just a twinkling star in a distant galaxy...so I should be around/active for a long time); I'm jolly (most of the time); I'm verbose informative...

The Bad:
I'm informative verbose (I bet some of you have stopped reading this post already...um, meaning you didn't read this comment either); I'm new to 5:2 and MyFitnessPal (only 2.5 months in); I haven't moderated a diet group before; if my schedule gets busy my participation level could drop off; you never know what life will bring, meaning things can change that could prevent me from staying active (I guess this applies to everyone); I sometimes have a tendency to over-think (analyze the heck out of) things; I'm a joker/prankster (it's fun sometimes, but I have been known to push it too far).

The Ugly:
If you were going to pick a "poster boy" for 5:2, it wouldn't be me! On many of the demographics (as applied to our group) I am the lone wolf; if we we're using our stats in a poker game I'd be raking in the chips...I've got almost everyone (I think) on BMI, TDEE, weight...I'm even in the minority when it comes to my sex (dang there are a lot of women in this group!)

OK...so...now let's have some fun...

Replies

• debbie389
    debbie389 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Firstly let me say..... Thank you for taking us all on.

The good - we couldn't be in better hands
    The bad - I'm sure we will cope with your pranks.... And I read to the end.
    The ugly - we are all here for the same reason, and you make a great poster boy.

Let the fun begin.
  • jknight001
    jknight001 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    debbie389 wrote: »

The ugly - we are all here for the same reason, and you make a great poster boy.

Let the fun begin.

+1
  • flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options

Let the fun begin.

+1

Thanks for the work, you've already done! And nothing wrong with a good prank and and a laugh!

• zenner22
    zenner22 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm new to MFP too. How does one join a group? I'm not really keen on sharing my food diary and stats, but I'd love to discuss the 5:2 diet.
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,419 Member
    Options

Let the fun begin.

I agree with all the above!!