KETO and DEPO PROVERA or OTHER BIRTH CONTROL

Options
edyn_Blair
edyn_Blair Posts: 44 Member
Just started the Keto Diet this week, 5'5" 140lbs and 30%BF, I want to compete in Bikini next year in spring and am using it as a jump start to drop some body fat quickly,(changing up very little from the usual paleo I have adopted the last 2 months and will continue), daily goals on Keto, 1300cal, 20g carb, 100g fat, 60g protein, The only dairy I'm really including is cheese lightly and some butter, I am also having Casein Protein shakes with coconut oil for breakfast. I am doing either a light intensity elliptical workout for 30min or a 15-20min HIIT workout 5 days a week minimum (started when I started keto)

I've been on depo for 9 months now (no side effects from the shot except weight gain) But I am wondering if there is anyone else out there who is doing this diet while on the shot and if you have any bad side effects or just saw positive results. I can't seem to find anything online for this (all articles are about girls who use the pill) Please share your experience. Feel free to add me as a friend if you like and my diary is public.

I've currently been on Keto for 3 days and love it. All positive so far. Just looking for advice.
MY CURRENT 3 DAY RESULTS PIC:
kpafyioxj3o9.jpg

Replies

• radiii
    radiii Posts: 422 Member
    Options
  • BansheeCat
    Options
    I was on depo years ago and got every other freaky symptom but weight gain. Hopefully someone on here is in the same boat you're in and give you some feedback.

If not, you'll be our depo-keto guinea pig. :D
  • edyn_Blair
    edyn_Blair Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    thanks guys. especially for the link. yeah there seems to be some very mixed reviews of keto/depo on the reddit lines. So I will update you as I go. :) glad to be a guinea pig.
  • BansheeCat
    BansheeCat Posts: 140
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Depo or not, keto can be brutal on your cycle until your body acclimates to the diet...especially at your time of the month. Welcome to the keto club.
  • ixchel78
    ixchel78 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I was on depo, and am currently on birth control with the Implanon device. I have had no issues with either relating to my diet. Just the typical TOM symptoms of cravings for chocolate or feelings of hunger. My only side effects from depo was a lot of spotting which is why I went to Implanon. I don't think the feelings of hunger and cravings are too different than what I normally experience non-birth control, but it does make it hard to stick to the plan when they do come!
  • Flippawasere
    Options
    Been on depo for 27 years and keto for 5 months. No problems, don't have TOM though (never have on depo) so no cravings either. Losing slowly but steadily and getting fairly close to goal weight. Lovin' this lifestyle.