NSV - Non-Scale Victories

Options
LisasRoadtolosing100lbs
LisasRoadtolosing100lbs Posts: 163 Member
edited December 2014 in Social Groups
We seem to need a place for our NSV's.
Use this thread to tell us about your NSVs. This is the place to put your victories that have nothing to do with your weight. Tell us how your road to a healthier weight and lifestyle has given you validation.

Mine came today at work when a co-worker told me how noticeable my weight loss was. I don't see it at all. But it's nice to know someone else can see the benefit of all my hard work.

What was your NSV?

Replies

• kikontx
    kikontx Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    About a week ago, I tried on two pairs of jeans that I bought the last time I lost weight about 7-8 years ago. Not only did they fit nicely but there was only a hint of a muffin top. Definitely put a smile on my face.
  • awesomekaty
    awesomekaty Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Since I gained weight I couldn't fit into some of my work clothes. Now, I can tell I'm improving because the clothes fit much better than just a month ago.
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    I'm wearing a pair of pants today that I've always thought of as "skinny pants".

I did my seasonal clothes switch (summer clothes out, winter clothes in) yesterday, and everything in my winter clothes fits me now. Last year, most of it didn't.
  • Mechdonna2
    Mechdonna2 Posts: 141 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I have done a great job of decreasing the amount of sugar in my diet. Also, a friend of mine who I had not seen in a couple of weeks noticed that I have lost weight.
  • throoper
    throoper Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I have successfully worked through the ankle problem I was having and can run again! I did a 10 mile trail run on Saturday, and it felt so good I went out and did the same thing again on Sunday :D
  • lalepepper
    lalepepper Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    So today I'm pleased with my decision-making. We went out to Quiznos to get food and I had plenty of calories to work with. I had half for my second meal, planning to eat the second half for my last meal. However, once I saw the 1,610 mg of sodium in HALF, I decided to forego eating the second half today and replace it with veggies, seeds, and lean dairy. I'm hoping this decision helps prevent water retention from screwing up my weigh-in tomorrow!
  • hortensehildegarde
    hortensehildegarde Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I had to "estimate" calories today (read: completely guess what was in what I ate and how much it was) and historically that used to make me feel like just giving up and eating all the foods and not bothering to try to log- why not, the day was already "ruined".

But today I just guessed as best I could and pretty much only feel motivated to do better tomorrow. Hooray!
  • justdebbie1
    justdebbie1 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    The other day at work, a co-worker said, " hey you have a lot less tummy" That made me feel really good as I still can't see any real difference.
  • lalepepper
    Options
    The other day at work, a co-worker said, " hey you have a lot less tummy" That made me feel really good as I still can't see any real difference.

Nice! A lot of times others notice before we do, because we're seeing the same person in the mirror every day and everything is so gradual.

My NSV from today was having to add a hole for the buckle on my knee-high boots, because they were falling off my calves.
  • annangelich
    annangelich Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I love hearing your NSVs!!!! So awesome to be able to see or feel a difference that has nothing to do with a scale.
    My NSV is I have lost 5.35 total inches since our 2nd milestone. a majority of that number came off my waist and just above my knee. I am really happy, it was more than I expected in those areas.
  • lalepepper
    Options
    I love hearing your NSVs!!!! So awesome to be able to see or feel a difference that has nothing to do with a scale.
    My NSV is I have lost 5.35 total inches since our 2nd milestone. a majority of that number came off my waist and just above my knee. I am really happy, it was more than I expected in those areas.

Holy cow, that's awesome! Inches lost can really help to put the whole picture together, especially if you're not seeing anything lost on the scale. Every bit counts - do you measure every milestone?
  • LisasRoadtolosing100lbs
    Options
    These are all awesome victories!!!! Your amazing keep it up!
  • _Blues_
    _Blues_ Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    was able to get rid of my back up size 20's as well as fitting into size 16! *does a little dance* woot woot!
  • karmabear06
    karmabear06 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Too many NSV to mention but these are the ones that please me the most....
    1) I have pushed through my 30 day challenges and I am almost finished with them
    2) I turned down yummy smell so good cookies without blinking an eye (a weakness of mine)
    3) I have increased my daily water intake and I have stayed at or under my daily calories goal
    4) I can actually see the physical changes
    5) I bought brightly colored tight workout capris and LOVE that I don't look hideous in them
  • LisasRoadtolosing100lbs
    Options
    @lexmcrae & @karmabear06

you should both be so proud for yourselves!!! Congrats
  • NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    Recent NSV’s: Lost between 16 & 18 inches in my waist size (depending upon brand of pants LOL). Bought mandatory clothes a couple times. Had holes drilled in belts and now too big again. Pants altered….now too big again. Going to hold off before buying any replacement clothes – unless urgent. Had someone not recognize me.

73641431.png

• arrrrjt
    arrrrjt Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    We had a minicamp for football yesterday and I managed to keep up with some of the skinnier ladies, and wasn't near as tired as I would have been earlier this year =). Oh, and picked up some Silver jeans in a size 14 - and they need a belt! Keep up the inspiring work peeps!
  • balletgirl77
    balletgirl77 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    This morning the cafeteria where I eat breakfast made banana chocolate chips muffins and I avoided them and had oatmeal (sans sugar) instead. I also dodged chocolate orange muffins, pumpkins spice muffins, and chocolate mocha muffins last week!
  • beachykeen81
    beachykeen81 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    My calves fit into tall rainboots (so excited about that!), I am a size 16 for the first time in probably 10 years and on Saturday I went to a (early) halloween party and a) didn't eat a thing and b) saw a bunch of people I haven't seen in months and everyone keep telling me how great I looked. It was fantastic!
  • Sairzie
    Sairzie Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    My boss just asked me if I'd lost weight because I was looking a lot slimmer!