sylviedrozz's PiYo journey

Options
So it's day 1 and to be honest I didn't like align the fundamentals. thank god it's only once.
was soooooo bored.

but it's alright I guess. I've done define: upper and lower body so i'm excited for tomorrow.

For my motivation Monday I have a quote from Socrates: Beauty is a short-lived tyranny.

It's motivational for me not to make me workout but it keeps me grounded while i'm on this fitness journey. Reminds me that no matter how good my body is it's only going to last for a while but who I am and my personality etc. will continue on till it die. So it's important to keep my ego in check and to remain humble and kind. And since beauty is short-lived I feel like I should work even harder so I have more time enjoying my goal physique.

Replies

• happyfitt
    happyfitt Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I skipped align.....did upper body. I had to modify some of the side planks. I have a yoga class this evening. :). Good luck, girls. I'm looking forward to this!
  • muffintopminx
    muffintopminx Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Day1, Align - done.

I'm totally new to PiYo so I have no idea what to expect. However, I was ready for a workout and this was more of a tutorial. So I feel like I haven't started yet, I guess tomorrow will be the real start.

I can tell it's going to be challenging for my lower back and wrists already, so I'm a little nervous, but will modify as needed. I'm already injured and currently rehabbing my SI Joint/low back. Hoping PiYo helps in the healing and prevention of further injuries.

Excited for tomorrow!
  • sylviedrozz
    Options
    @muffintopminx i'm in the same position as you. have a bruised muscle on my right arm, messed up back, shoulders, neck from a car accident 5 years ago and my fractured tailbone didn't heal properly. Definitely modify. ill be doing that :)

no sense getting injured x
  • faithnfitnesss
    faithnfitnesss Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I know it's not the best one today but it's really important to follow the structure of the program and not to just do which workout ya want. It's designed for a reason!
  • faithnfitnesss
    Options
    yykgyirfg0nb.jpg
    Motivation Monday!!!!
  • happyfitt
    happyfitt Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I will follow the program but figured since I've started before align was not crucial. Will pick up tmro as scheduled.
  • geojeepgirl
    geojeepgirl Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    DAy 1 - alignment done this morning... may try another one tonight before my run to stretch out some leg muscles. Im having alot of trouble with my adductor muscles.

Got this off of facebook...

I am in competition with no one.
    I have no desire to play the game of being better than anyone.
    I am simply trying to be better than the person I was yesterday.

I think of this everytime I go to planet fitness and do my c25k program and watch people who can run 30 minutes straight.. my goal is to be better than I was yesterday because eventually tomorrow will get me to my goal.
  • muffintopminx
    muffintopminx Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    So I remember that working out is only part of the journey.

zxqq74ep3s41.jpg
  • ybodwen
    ybodwen Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    LOVE this one :smiley:
    b80927867665e4f557ab32595e851236.jpg
  • faithnfitnesss
    Options
    Y'all are awesome, so much inspiration. I love it!!