New App!

Options
R2Detoo
R2Detoo Posts: 31 Member
Hey guys! I started using this app called "TwoGrand" on my phone and it's like an instagram for only food and you use it to track your food intake over the day.

It really helps me out because now I can differentiate between when I'm hungry, and when I'm trying to use food for some other reason because I'll think to myself "Oh I just took a photo of a pizza slice an hour ago, am I really hungry?"

I'm a visual person so I find it really helpful to see physically what I've eaten over the day and I was hoping it could help someone else too!

(Ps: I'm not associated w/ this app at all, I just found it so helpful! But if it's against the rules I'll delete this post)

Replies

• crepes_
    crepes_ Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    I'd been looking for something like that! There used to be one called The Eatery, and then it was bought out and just disappeared. Downloading right now.

It helps me keep my food in line because I always try to make a pretty picture. This generally means colorful, which generally means full of veggies!
  • HotGuyInSummer2015
    Options
    checkout intelli-diet - I like that one too because it's a "check-the-box" system and bad foods aren't even on it, so it's out of sight out of mind.
  • hannydeee
    hannydeee Posts: 155 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I recently discovered one called GO by lolofit. Absolutely perfect for what I want. You log your meals (with photos if you wish) based on size and healthiness, giving them a green, yellow, orange or red rating. You can also put activity in. Great for people trying to steer themselves away from calorie counting.

Learn more HERE.
    Also, HERE is the app store page for those on iOS.
  • crepes_
    Options
    For those on TwoGrand, my name is crepes there. Go find and add me!
  • hannydeee
    hannydeee Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I have no checked TwoGrand out and I much prefer it to GO! I think I'll use both though as they have slightly different functions. I like the graph output on GO, but the community aspect on TG is awesome.
  • R2Detoo
    R2Detoo Posts: 31 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    @crepes_: adding you as I type
    @hannydeee: I definitely love the community aspect, not to sound shallow but I do love me "likes" so I feel more motivated to eat fruits/healthy since there are more likes

(I sound extremely shallow but I don't care I'm eating healthier haha)

Also for anyone still on the fence, there's a daily emotion recorder where you can write a little note as to how you think you did on eating and you can make it private to look back on
  • crepes_
    Options
    Using this app (TwoGrand) for a while has made me realize that I consume an incredible amount of junk. I need to cook more at home because everything is all pre-packaged or from the cafeteria. I didn't even think it was that bad, but seeing everything laid out in picture-form helps put things into perspective.
  • maicap22
    maicap22 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I got interested with twogrand and also started using it :) I used to take pix of my foods but just got tired of it. I am restarting now because I think it will really help in my diet. I am also trying out evernote food now (because of the restaurant feature).