2 years below 6% for HbA1C

Options
BigG59
BigG59 Posts: 396 Member
edited October 2014 in Social Groups
I was diagnosed as T2 in the Summer of 2012 (9.6%). I managed to get this down to 5.7% by the November. I just had my latest results back and 5.1%. So that is 2 years below the 6% level. All with diet and exercise, no meds.

So it can be done folks.

How? I lost 70lbs in the first 9 months and have stayed at this (plus or minus a few pounds) ever since. I'm careful about what I eat, but still enjoy the occasional indulgence. These are now a treat and not the norm. Plus I exercise.

I know I'm not cured and that being over weight caused the insulin resistance that damaged the pancreas.

Not posting to boast, but to hopefully show others starting out that it can be done.

Replies

• bdubya55
    bdubya55 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on finding an overall plan that continues to work for you BigG.
    Very inspirational and commendable. Well done Sir!
  • Dakota106
    Dakota106 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! That's awesome! I would never see that as boasting, seeit as encouragement and something to look forward too!
  • GlucernaBrand
    Options
    Thanks for sharing how you're managing diabetes with changes in food choices and exercise. I think your statement that indulgences are now an occasional treat and not the norm speaks volumes about the changes you've made. It's definitely inspiring to hear about your success. ~Lynn @Glucerna
  • tngram2seven
    tngram2seven Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    This is a great accomplishment! It encourages me to hang in there with this path to better health. Thank you for sharing this with us.