Insanity!

Options
Hi all, Im Katie 33 from Oxford UK :) I have been trying to get into Insanity as I have been given the dvd's but just so tired by the end of the day that I dont even think to put it on! I know once I get started with something I can really go for it but need a little motivation. Anybody else on it or thinking of doing it?

;)

Replies

• mamarundrc
    mamarundrc Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    I have started it a few times but never done the program all the way through. With working full time and two kids the only time I have to fit it in is EARLY morning (which would require me to wake up early) or after the kiddos are in bed (8pm). If I do it at that time of night I have problems falling asleep. Now that it is getting dark earlier and The kids are a little more able to entertain themselves, I might give it another go or at least use it on days I can't manage a different work out.
  • herbertwest7734
    herbertwest7734 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I will be starting it again in the next week or so. Just moving into a new place.
  • tiffanydawnn
    tiffanydawnn Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I chose to do T25 instead of Insanity. Maybe that'll be my next one.
  • mamarundrc
    mamarundrc Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    Tiffanydawnn- How do you like T25? There is a group of people at work who do it at lunch time and I have been contemplating joining them.
  • 15in8
    15in8 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I liked doing it first thing in the morning, it got me going for the day. I also recommend modifying the Insanity programs a little, fairly high intensity on the joints! I have rubber matting I use, and I still modify. I have done Insanity and the T25 variation, T25 is great when the time is squeezed or periods where you are struggling to hit your targets. Insanity is great for summer and high motivation periods.
  • psharma06
    psharma06 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I really liked Insanity when I did, but I prefered T25 way more!
    I might do Insanity again once I am done with Fitness Blender's 8 week program
  • kenyainez
    kenyainez Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I've done both Focus T25 and Insanity. I had great results with both. As far as motivation, you just have to pull yourself up by the bootstraps and make the decision to go in. Often times when I get home from work, everything in me is telling me to jump in the bed and just lay there for hours. But the goals I have won't let me get any mental rest because it's constantly reminding me of the work I have to do. Long days at work are a reality for alot of us, but that's when our self accountability has to kick in or we'll fail everyday. I'm currently doing my own little Focus T25 Gamma Hybrid. I wish you the best with finding some Insanity friends and if you ever do Focus T25 or Insanity:Asylum, holla at me! :smile: \o/