Day 2 - Define Lower Body

Options
Done! Loved this!!!! Even felt like it was too short, could've kept going. But since these are short, I feel like I will never have an excuse to not fit one into my day. o:) I love not having to wear shoes and I love that I'm sweaty, but not caveman sweaty. So glad I found this program and this group!!!!

That last move was the hardest for me - downward dog with leg in air. I was tired at this point and couldn't keep my shoulders square with hip and leg turned out. Managed to get thru everything else - probably wasn't as pretty as Chalene and her peeps, but I made it. And I feel gooood!

Wrists held up just fine, surprisingly, and my lower back didn't get angry about any particular move. The only slight issue was that my palms did get bit moist near the end which made them slide a bit on the mat - had to go to the carpet to get some traction. No big deal.

Replies

• faithnfitnesss
    faithnfitnesss Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!!! I loved it too. What's great is that you can get an AMAZING workout and not do it for an hour. :) You will be tired from certain moves at first but each time it's easier and easier.
  • faithnfitnesss
    Options
    This is my second go around doing PiYo. I did it for 60 days before and lost 8lbs... I have about 5 more to go but a lot of toning to do on my thighs and stomach. The lower body today already has me feeling sore! I've been trying to do my workouts early in the morning to get it done so that life doesn't happen and ruin my opportunity to get it in. It's crazy how a few weeks off can really impact you! I'm not going to take any breaks this time. I'm allllllll in.
  • happyfitt
    happyfitt Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Did mine early this morning! I needed a short workout and this was perfect!!! Eating has not been great and were going out for dinner:(. Tomorrow is another day for that!!
  • muffintopminx
    muffintopminx Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Soooo... my abs, particularly the sides or obliques, are starting to feel sore. Didn't realize I was even using them that much. yay!
  • faithnfitnesss
    Options
    I love that sore oblique feeling! I just love being sore in general. LOL Is that weird?
  • sylviedrozz
    Options
    not oblique for me but my biceps, shoulders, and (omg) my forearms (!) are sore. keep in mind that my upper body strength is pretty much non existent. my legs did get a good stretch and i'm feeling it a bit on my quads :) actually everything felt like it had a good stretch. don't know how i'm going to do tomorrow because my upper body is so sore today!

i really liked it! wasn't too long or too short. my sore arm actually feels a bit better? (don' want to jinx it) before it was sore down the whole arm muscle and now it's back to just by the elbow :D

i adore the hidden ab work. i know theres a video for core but just keeping your balance -if you engage your core suddenly you have the balance of a ballerina :P

• geojeepgirl
    geojeepgirl Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I cant believe how much I sweat with this one.
  • jessicasimmons11
    jessicasimmons11 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi All! Just joined the group today & this is my second round of PiYo! It's my favorite - can't get enough!! @muffintopminx You can always do lower and upper bod in the same day if you want to keep going! I think Chalene says that... But what I do sometimes, I just go out for a walk or run afterwards because it gives me SO MUCH ENERGY!