Nice to join ya here/Spiralizer

...and so it begins. The 2nd leg of my dietary journey. :-)

I lost 35 lbs. between Jan 7 and mid-August. Then, we spent most of September traveling between Virginia, Gulf Shores, AL, and Tucson and I did a 5 lb. backslide.

When folks ask how I did it, my answer is simply that I do what Joya tell me to do. She's been on Fitness Pal the whole time, counts the calories, and plans the meals. I blindly follow her direction and have realized success. One thing in Joya's arsenal is the Spiralizer. Being 2nd generation Italian, we used to eat a lot of pasta, which isn't exactly waste-friendly. She now substitutes zucchini noodles (made with the Spiralizer) for pasta. We also substitute sweet potato rice for real rice and make a killer curry dish. There are a few other things she does too.

My point is that I eat really, really well and don't feel like I am giving up great food. When you don't know your dieting, I guess it's pretty easy to diet. If you are interested in seeing some of her recipes, she posts them on her "foodie" Facebook page, Lord of the Grill. https://www.facebook.com/TheLordOfTheGrill?ref=hl

I look forward to sharing this journey with my Faff-ulious family. Let's do this!

Bill

Replies