Cough drops 12 carbs :(

Options
janhiness
janhiness Posts: 32 Member
I've been sick for well over a week. My sweet husband went out and got me some cough drops. Before I took one I checked the nutritional information on here and one drop has 12 cabs alone. Just really surprised my husband and I.

Replies

• nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,405 Member
    Options
    Yeah, gotta use the sugar-free ones
  • BansheeCat
    Options
    Aw...what a nice a hubby you have.

I don't think Halls or Chloraseptic Lozenges have any....according to the MFP data base. Sucrets has 2, Ricola is around 3 depending on the flavor.

Hot lemon mint tea helps. It's what I'd drink back in the day when I sang choir concerts.

It's a bummer being sick. Get well soon.
  • nill4me
    nill4me Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I saw a pin on the pinterest for making your own herbal drops. Of course...being sick I'm sure you aren't all about the DIY. I know I wouldn't be :persevere: Get well!!
  • DittoDan
    DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    janhiness wrote: »
    I've been sick for well over a week. My sweet husband went out and got me some cough drops. Before I took one I checked the nutritional information on here and one drop has 12 cabs alone. Just really surprised my husband and I.

I ordered online some chewable multivitamin and got the same as you! LOL! and I know better, I didn't read the label online. Half my daily carb intake in one pill....going to give them away...
  • jessrex
    jessrex Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    DittoDan wrote: »

I ordered online some chewable multivitamin and got the same as you! LOL! and I know better, I didn't read the label online. Half my daily carb intake in one pill....going to give them away...

THIS! I had gotten some chewies because they're the only multi that doesn't make me nauseous and I can't take them anymore :( I also had some Halls Soothers, which aren't cough drops, but just meant to moisten your throat, and had to give those away as well.
  • BansheeCat
    Options
    DittoDan wrote: »

My chewable vitamins never crossed my mind. 4 carbs!
  • DittoDan
    DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    Yeah mine were the "gummy" type. I looked again and I was mistaken, they were actually 8g sugar. That's still high.

Dan the Man
  • MistressPi
    MistressPi Posts: 514 Member
    Options

Wow!! That's really high!

Here's what I do for a sore throat:

1. gargle with warm salt water, multiple times a day. (Dissolve a tsp of salt into a cup or so of warm water.) (I THINK the reason this works is the salinity makes a hostile environment for bacteria. All I know is, it works!)

2. Drink lots of warm liquids.

3. (Important!) Rest your voice until your throat is no longer sore.

Hope you feel better. HTH