Experts: Eat more fat

Replies

• Sumiblue
    Sumiblue Posts: 1,597 Member
    I sent this article to my mother. I've been promoting paleo to her and she has a refrigerator full of low fat crap.
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    I'm the biggest fan of a high fat diet. I don't think any less than 50% calories from fat is beneficial for anyone, and many people benefit from far more especially with metabolic disorders - which is most of us these days. Depression, diabetes, cancer, obesity, neurological disorders - you name it, they all respond to higher fat and lower carb. (I don't mean that everyone has to be ketogenic, just that most of us are focused on avoiding fat and eating far too much sugar and starch intstead).
  • GrokRockStar
    GrokRockStar Posts: 2,938 Member
    Thanks for sharing the article, it’s funny how these “new” articles come out proclaiming the obvious, duh!!! Same thing has been happening with sugar in the media, but I’ve always known that sugar makes me fat, and fat has been the primary source in weight loss and controlling my diabetes, bringing my blood sugar to a healthy range!
  • ortega1990
    ortega1990 Posts: 236 Member
    Natural fats: yes! Our brains and cells need fat.
  • Sumiblue
    Sumiblue Posts: 1,597 Member
    I remember reading about how important fat was for a baby's developing brain when my daughter was beginning to eat solid food. How about adult brains? Most people have starved themselves from fat in their adult lives to their detriment.