Does the long run ever get easier?

Options
2»

Replies

• catchkristi
    catchkristi Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Just to add to what has already been said, nothing makes time on your feet fly by like a good running buddy to gab with - or even better, a few good running buddies! I couldn't do it without them!
  • CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    where in the world do you guys find the space to run this far?!?

It's a big world out there. Plenty of room. ;)

• veganbettie
    veganbettie Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    CarsonRuns wrote: »

:p

• maybyn
    maybyn Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    CarsonRuns wrote: »

Ha, ha, saw this before and was wondering when someone would pick it up! :)

Veganbettie, I take it that you were talking about a lack of time. I also don't have a lot of time and yes, my time spent running gets in the way of my commitments to fulltime work and family and I'm also doing a postgrad. It isn't easy juggling the whole lot and I have to sacrifice running time and do long runs only on Sundays. Otherwise, during weekdays, I'm doing only around 8 miles although I will be working in a mid-week long run soon for training. This would require me heading out for the run at 5am.
  • BChanFit
    BChanFit Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Yes, it is hard to find the time but it's there if you look for it! I have 2 hockey playing boys, a full time job, part time teaching job, and working toward my Ph.D. I find time to do my shorter runs in the evening and working in this long run business on the weekends. So far Saturday before sunrise has been the best time to get it in for me anyway. I seriously hope it does get easier soon! I'm half dreading half excited for my 8 miler this weekend. Still feels like a big deal. Planning my outfit with the weather, route, to bring fluids or not so much, make sure I am visible and can see where I'm going, etc. Would love to just get to that point where I just go without really stressing over it. :) Practice practice...