What's your go to nighttime snack/dessert?

Options
sb4480
sb4480 Posts: 199 Member
I don't know why but lately I need something after dinner and when I say "something" in mean something sweetish. Chocolate doesn't do it for me and I'm not a fan of the 1 minute muffin. Jello is just "meh" unless its drowned in whipped cream.

So help me out. What do you go for?

This desperate post is brought to you by AF.

Replies

• hereisgone125
    hereisgone125 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Tablespoon of peanut butter dipped in whipped cream...instant peanut butter pie
  • musicboxes
    musicboxes Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    When I want something but don't know what it is...it's usually popcorn. I have it from time to time but not as much as before. I sometimes just make decaf hot tea which seems to be comforting. I try to distract my mind when wanting a night snack & it seems to be working so far.
  • GabyBaby916
    GabyBaby916 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    SF pudding or a homemade low carb peanut butter chocolate chip (mini) muffin usually does the trick for me.
  • moss11
    moss11 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Mix some Mascarpone cheese with Fage Greek Yogurt a smidge of cocoa. Delicious and does the trick, hope you find that little something?
  • marjofi
    marjofi Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    here lately, I've been suffering from the same issue. my sweet tooth has been tamed with my SF root beer floats/fatbombs or homemade eggnog-to die for!
  • KValmera71
    KValmera71 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I know most here will disagree but I love the Breyers CarbSmart ice cream! All of them are delicious and hit the spot for me without kicking me out of ketosis!
  • fruttibiscotti
    fruttibiscotti Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    High fat Greek yogurt (10 % m.f.) with a tiny sprinkle of sunflower seeds and 4 to 6 juicy raspberries or blackberries on top! Yum!
  • huneydrop
    Options
    If I'm just feeling munchie and not actually hungry I have a few baby pickles.

If I'm starving for some reason, almonds.
  • jen_zz
    jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Some salted almonds. Or a Quest bar, not exactly low carb, but really fills me up.
  • kristafb
    kristafb Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    If I do get the craving for a salty snack I'll have some pork rinds dipped in Ranch dressing, but I have to be careful, i can eat the whole bag in one sitting if I'm not. To be honest I don't do a lot of late night snacking since starting this WOE.. Its great!! I used to eat a big bag of chips every night.:noway:
  • ali59oc
    ali59oc Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I know most here will disagree but I love the Breyers CarbSmart ice cream! All of them are delicious and hit the spot for me without kicking me out of ketosis!

I love this stuff, too! I don't like sweets but this tastes different, more like cream.
  • T1Holly
    T1Holly Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I came across a recent post about a keto hot chocolate - 3/4 c water (heated), add a tbls of unsweetened cocoa, a couple squeezes of liquid sweetener of choice, & 2 tbls heavy cream (mixed in last). I then added a sprinkle of cinnamon on top. It was so good. So, now this is my bedtime treat.
  • GinaLivinLaKetoLoco
    GinaLivinLaKetoLoco Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have hawaiian delight which is chocolate delight with macadamia nuts and shredded unsweetened coconut.. and the other thing I have sometimes is pork rinds..
  • kerstc
    kerstc Posts: 3
    Options
    Mousse. Heavy Cream Whipped with Truvia and flavoring. (cocoa powder, mint extract, banana extract, lorann's flavoring oils, whichever I am in the mood for).
  • eatingfatbeingfat
    eatingfatbeingfat Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    How many carbs do you have left over at the end of the night? If it is a lot 1 tbs of Justin's Honey Almond Butter feels like dessert. It has honey in it though - and the real sugar compared with the low carbs foods definitely gives one a buzz. Net carbs for 1 tbs is 2.5g

It is easy for it to become 2 tbs though, at least for me. The sugar "wakes up" my desire for more sugar, so I need to be careful. But if I were better at handling it I would have a spoonful every day.

honey-ab-jar.jpg
  • lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I have a recipe for 55 second chocolate cake and have had the hot chocolate listed above. You could make a low carb cheesecake and freeze small portions for when needed. I also like jello with a couple tbsps of cool whip. Even a handful of frozen berries can be good.
  • crisb2
    crisb2 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter, homemade whipped cream (sometimes frozen)
  • hendersonb21
    hendersonb21 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    i like to freeze sugar free cool whip. it's like ice cream :)
  • greaseisstilltheword
    Options
    Sugar free jello with real whipped cream. Yum!