Start Using Iodized Salt NOW! (For Hypo)

Options
I was diagnosed with Graves 3 years ago, had RAI 2 years ago, and am now having a plethora of hypo symptoms. Even though my labs show mild hypo results, my doctors (I've seen 3 in 4 months) will not give me ANY medication :(

BUT.....I prayed about it, and I think it's just something I don't need to be on for some reason or another. I think God is wanting me to cure this disease NATURALLY. The one best thing that I started doing a month ago was using IODIZED SALT. To make a long story short, the U.S. has stopped using iodized salt in most food products. We NEED IODINE to have a healthy thyroid. So, seeing as though millions of people have thyroid issues here in the U.S., why wouldn't the government PUT IODINE BACK INTO OUR FOODS? A month ago, I bought iodized salt and coincidently, I've lost 2 pounds without exercising regularly OR using medication.

http://www.drweil.com/drw/u/QAA400874/Why-Buy-Iodized-Salt.html
http://www.livestrong.com/article/509563-iodized-salt-thyroid-problems/

Replies

• Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,299 Member
    Options
    I am pleased for you that you have lost two lb, wonderful. Good change may be happening for you. (Sometimes we need salt because it balances our cells properly) STTM emphasise the need we all have for some iodine, half a teaspoon in a life time, sounds so little for something so crucial, too much is detrimental. If you are able to, make sure you have good levels of selenium in your diet too, this will help t4 you do make change into t3 the proper workforce. (Have a portion for me because many of those foods ((most nuts) compromise my salicylate levels and I can't live with the symptoms too much brings out in me). Having a good level of minerals is a good idea too. Thyroid function is so complicated. We all know that. I hate to read of people such as yourself having treatment in good faith who end up having a whole new, lesser treated, series of issues.
  • elizabethroyce10
    elizabethroyce10 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I have also found i needed to add iodized salt to my diet. I was having goiter issues/ the thyroid swelled up so huge! I was exercising too much and was depleted. Crazy but true... I am doing much better now.
  • janlee_001
    janlee_001 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Agree, we have been using kosher salt for years and I just found it doesn't have iodine in it. Went out and bought some.
  • joslin2005
    Options
    That is great! I believe many of our health issues are caused from our foods lacking essential vitamins and minerals. Food the way God intended is nourishment for our bodies but many of the "foods" today are toxic to our body. I use Himalayan Salt but no weight loss for me. I have a blog and wrote an entire article on Himalayan Salt and it's benefits. I would share the link but not sure if it is allowed on here.