Calorie Killers - Challenge (10/23/-10/29)

Options
In honor of the name of this week's show "The Drop", find something you are going to drop for the week. Are you going to drop soda for the week? Are you going to drop your late night tv for some sleep, so you have energy & eat better during the day. Are you going to drop your afternoon chocolate? Are you going to drop hitting snooze when you are supposed to get up & work out & put your alarm in the bathroom, so you have to walk all the way in there to turn it off, forcing you to get out of bed? (I did that one time when I was younger to get out of the habit of hitting snooze :)

Name what you are going to drop for the week and then come back & let us know how it went...and how it affected the pounds you dropped :) Did you drop more than usual?

Replies

• 12qw34
    12qw34 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Desserts/Sweets
    Great idea Melanie!
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    I have so many bad habits that I need to drop, it will be hard to choose just one :D I will come back when I decide on one.
  • 3athlt
    3athlt Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Stop hitting the snooze and get my workout ON!
  • lifeisspiffy
    lifeisspiffy Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I am going to drop my nightly chocolate milk. It's probably keeping me up a little extra at night and it leads me to want some cookies with it. So no more chocolate milk.
  • MistyRose0424
    MistyRose0424 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna drop eating out this week as this past week I ate out a lot witch caused me to gain :( So no fast food for me this week for sure.
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Options
    I am also going to drop eating out. It is such a trigger for me right now. I don't want the healthy choices on the menu; I want the fries and pizza and burgers! So just avoiding eating out is going to be best for me. Plus, it gets expensive!
  • Cbanjo
    Cbanjo Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I am going to drop eating bread for the whole week
  • 12qw34
    Options
    I always stayed around 140lbs at 5'4" until my twins were born 8 years ago when I was 41. I pretty quickly got down to 158lbs from 193lbs at 9 months pregnant. I had 4 months off for maternity leave and went bak to work at 158lbs. When I went back to work I went from working a 9-5pm office job full time to a part time second shift job with the same company. I find this "drop it" a great challenge. It helps me to see where my weaknesses and blind spots are. My eating habits are far less structured working second shift and having Thursdays and Fridays off. I think I will continue the drop it theme for next week. I will give up beer and wine!
  • Mspmpayne
    Mspmpayne Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I decided to drop some evening TV and internet time for more research on clean eating recipes/plans and working more towards that goal. =)
  • musicfan4life30
    musicfan4life30 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I'm going to stay in my calorie budget for the week! :)
  • musicfan4life30
    Options
    for Friday I stayed within my calorie goal! :)
  • lifeisspiffy
    lifeisspiffy Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I've done pretty well so far. No chocolate milk since Thursday. Almost gave in tonight but instead filled my water bottle and went away from the kitchen.
  • 12qw34
    Options
    I did well during the week, but I did have some homemade cookies and a small piece of cake this weekend. I will continie the dessert/candy drop it this week. With Halloween on Friday and my two Trick or Treaters hopefully it will keep me in line.
  • bgoodsmile
    bgoodsmile Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    This week I dropped 1 of my work-out rest days. I have been taking 2, but this week I will only take 1!
  • musicfan4life30
    Options
    For saturday and sunday I went OVER my calorie budget :(
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Options
    So far, so good! I wanted to go out to eat for lunch yesterday, but I talked myself into eating lunch at home.
  • musicfan4life30
    Options
    Monday I didn't go over my calories! :)
  • 3athlt
    3athlt Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I'm doing better on getting up earlier and getting my workout ON! I'm really looking forward to tomorrow when I begin my P90X3 program. They have different "flavors", based on your needs - I'm doing the "Lean" schedule because I obviously have a LOT of weight to lose.
  • MistyRose0424
    MistyRose0424 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    So did well not eating out this week and the results are I'm down 1.2 lbs this week so yaaay back to losing again smiley: I get great motivation from my kick butt group The Calorie Killers you guys are awesome!!!
  • Baby43204
    Baby43204 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    for my drop i dropped reading in bed late at night instead i just go right to sleep. since i have been going straight to bed i have been feeling more energy during the day. i didn't lose any weight this week cause my brother came to town and i went off my diet for a few days and i am starting again today on it. so i don't know if i would have dropped any weight from getting more sleep or not but i am going to continue to not read at night and just go straight to sleep so i will be able to tell you next week if i lost anything or not from it. so that is what i am doing for my drop challenge.
This discussion has been closed.