Besides protein powder, any good meal recipes low fat but high protein?

Options
1Day2Day
1Day2Day Posts: 4 Member
I'd love some low fat high protein meal ideas. Any meal.

I'm using the default % of protein, carbs and fat (20/50/30). My fat is going over budget and protein under. Not so worried about the carbs as I think my % is close enough to balance out. Plus I love carb foods in general.

When I noticed protein was low yesterday anything I added was bumping up fats as well.

Actual % Carb/Fat/Protein after breakfast = 68/25/7

Replies

• LuvMyCapt
    LuvMyCapt Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Following
  • mymodernbabylon
    mymodernbabylon Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    I don't worry about any of my macros except protein. My go to's: cottage cheese, tuna fish salad, I love cheeses, grilled chicken, any kind of tex/mex foods like tacos or chilli. Then again, I'm not going for 50% protein as I really only need around 100-120 grams of protein to fulfil the whole 1 gram per lb lean body mass with my max being around 140 grams.
  • nellyett
    nellyett Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    For lunch almost everyday I have a full cup of 2% cottage cheese with salsa in it. I choose 2% just because I like it better than the lower fat versions, but even then it's only 5g of fat, and a whopping 30g of protein! That and a serving of fruit will tide me over for a couple of hours and it's easy to pack for the office.

I'm always chasing protein sources as I'm not a huge fan of lots of meat all the time. I will also add a protein smoothie to my day with half banana, frozen wild blueberries and spinach. :)
  • nellyett
    nellyett Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    sorry....just realized you said "aside from protein powder" in the title....lol

Egg whites with chicken/turkey taco meat are pretty yummy too...
  • mymodernbabylon
    mymodernbabylon Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    lentil soups/curries, bean dishes (love 3 bean salads and chillies)