Having a hard time with the last few lbs.

Options
I am 32 female 5'4" and 124lbs. I had my 3rd child (who is now 9mo old!!) I have worked my butt off at the gym doing mostly HIIT training in a awesome group fitness class. My goal is to see my abs and I would love any advice for the last bit of body fat??

Replies

• courtneytodd1
    courtneytodd1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have been eating around 1300 calories a day... not sure it that is ok
  • mymodernbabylon
    mymodernbabylon Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    If you want to be part of the EM2WL group, then 1300 calories is NOT the way to go. Read up on the group and philosophy and see if this group seems to be a good one for you. We recommend slow and steady, eating as much food as you can for the loss (TDEE-15% max).

But, what I would recommend for fat loss is weight lifting. It's the best thing for abs. Cardio isn't.
  • courtneytodd1
    courtneytodd1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    How many calories should I be eating then?
  • nellyett
    nellyett Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Based on the scoobysworkshop calculator at a moderate activity level (which could be inaccurate as I'm not sure exactly what your daily exercise looks like) your TDEE is over 1900 cals per day.

It sounds like you should focus more on a body recomp than weight loss per se.... you'd have more success eating at a slight deficit around 1700 or so (again, this is based on estimates from the info you gave and it could even be higher) and start a heavy lifting program and supplement with 1 x 2 times per week with HIIT.

• Jennbecca33
    Jennbecca33 Posts: 321 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Hi Courtney! Welcome to the group! You've got some good advice already. I will just reinforce this...you're at a healthy weight for your height. Like stated above, what will help you get those abs is eating at maintenance or a very small cut - no more than 10% - and incorporating some heavy lifting like nellyett mentioned. This will help lean out your body. You can do this in the place of some of your cardio, so as not to over exercise yourself (over exercise will also hinder you).

Here's the site we recommend for figuring out your maintenance calories:

http://scoobysworkshop.com/accurate-calorie-calculator/

You'll be able to get a good idea of what you should be eating to maintain.

You've been under eating, so just increase those calories slowly, which will help your body to adjust to more calories as your metabolism speeds up. When we under eat, our bodies will not give us results that we want - you have to fuel the furnace. :) You will get much better results once you increase your cals, but be patient through the process. Hope this helps! Let us know if you have any questions and let us know how you do!