Leslie Sansone October 2014 Walk Challenge

Options

Replies

• AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,585 Member
    Options
    Tuesday: (10.28) Planned free day.

Wednesday: (10.29) 3 miles from 4 Mile Power Walk DVD (2 w intervals & 1 classic)

3 DVD miles.

0 outdoor minutes.

0 mini walks from Walk Blaster DVD.

My goal for October: I will walk a minimum of 2 DVD 'miles' or 30+ outside minutes at least 5 days a week.

So far: 28 Leslie/ or other walking DVD miles

So far: 925 outdoor minutes (taking advantage of the cooler mornings :yum: )

So far: 13 mini walks from Walk Blasters DVD

October is flying by with so many miles and minutes being recorded. We are brothers and sisters in sweat :flushed: !!

:flowerforyou:

Mary you are a walking fiend! (A little Halloween humor there) Definitely sweating going on at my place. I'm so thankful it's about to turn cold here. We are expecting our first frost this weekend! Yay!!!

• 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,864 Member
    Options
    4.94 miles walked today

199.83 miles walked to date.

So near, yet so far away lol.
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    Good morning Walkers!! I enjoyed a 5.5 walk with my son this beautiful Fall morning. I have a wonderful NSV I would like to share with you. I now have another son that has joined MFP. I am so happy that I have been able to inspire 2 of my sons to do this. And the best part is I did it through actions...not words. They have witnessed the changes in me and asked how I did it. Thank you all for being such great motivators and friends. My next hope is that he may also join me for a walk. Imagine that! Woot!

143.5/100
    60817891.png
  • bandit5125
    bandit5125 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    fantastic Pinky! so exciting to have your sons take that step with you! congrats on your miles walked this month as well!
  • AnnofB
    Options
    PinkyPan1 wrote: »
    Good morning Walkers!! I enjoyed a 5.5 walk with my son this beautiful Fall morning. I have a wonderful NSV I would like to share with you. I now have another son that has joined MFP. I am so happy that I have been able to inspire 2 of my sons to do this. And the best part is I did it through actions...not words. They have witnessed the changes in me and asked how I did it. Thank you all for being such great motivators and friends. My next hope is that he may also join me for a walk. Imagine that! Woot!

143.5/100
    60817891.png

That is wonderful Pinkypan. You ARE an inspiration!
  • AnnofB
    Options
    2essie wrote: »
    4.94 miles walked today

199.83 miles walked to date.

So near, yet so far away lol.

Lol! Just a few more steps!

• AnnofB
    Options
    35 miles this month.
  • 2essie
    Options
    4.84 miles walked today

204.67 miles walked to date.

Didn't think I would do it this month but yeah GOAL met - 200 miles
  • handbagfan
    handbagfan Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Hi Buddies
    2 miles 7/10/14
    10/100 total :)

Today - 3 miles slim down walk (12/10)
    13 /100 total :)
    Happy walking. XXX
    14/10
    2 miles
    15/100 total :D trying to stay on track!
    Keep those feet a moving buddies XX
    3 miles 19/10
    18/100
    3miles 26/10
    21/100 total
    WOW
    3 miles 27/10 (3 mile slim down)
    24/100 total
    Wow every body is doing so well.
    3 miles -29/10 --- 3miles slim /sleek
    27/100 total.
    Just found this on youtube - I love, love the pilates element :p
    3 miles 30/10 (3 miles fast walk)
    30/100 total.
    Happy walking friends!!
  • PinkyPan1
    edited October 2014
    Options
    2essie wrote: »
    4.84 miles walked today

Didn't think I would do it this month but yeah GOAL met - 200 miles

You did it! I have been watching you get closer and closer to your goal! Bravo!!!
    60817891.png

• bandit5125
    bandit5125 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    9 advanced miles with Leslie

284 miles with Leslie to date

4 miles outside

78 miles outside to date

362 miles total / goal 200 I made my goal!!!! B)

Happy Walking!!!!
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    PinkyPan1 wrote: »

143.5/100
    An awesome NSV to share with us!! More is "caught" by our children no matter how old they are, than what is "taught" with words. Well done :drinker:

• texasgardnr
    edited October 2014
    Options
    "4.84 miles walked today

Didn't think I would do it this month but yeah GOAL met - 200 miles "
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    2essie, you did it!!!! Fantastic mileage :drinker:

• texasgardnr
    Options
    AnnofB wrote: »
    35 miles this month.

Fabulous mileage Ann!!! So proud of you o:)

• texasgardnr
    Options
    Thursday: (10.30) 1 mile from the Ultimate 5 Day Walk Plan DVD

1 DVD miles.

0 outdoor minutes.

My goal for October: I will walk a minimum of 2 DVD 'miles' or 30+ outside minutes at least 5 days a week.

So far: 29 Leslie/ or other walking DVD miles

One more day to go :p

• 2essie
    Options
    Thank you pinkypan1 and texasgardnr
  • PinkyPan1
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Good morning Walkers and Happy Halloween! I did the 3 Fast Miles Video this morning.
    148.5/100
    Mission accomplished. LOL

Congrats to all you Walkers. Stay strong and see you next month.
    60817891.png
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    Today:

Friday: (10.31) 2 miles Just Walk Belly Blasting Walk DVD (cardio) AND the Firm 30 from Walk It Off in 30 Days DVD (strength)

2 DVD miles.

0 outdoor minutes.

So far: 31 Leslie/ or other walking DVD miles

Last day of the month, and it's a wrap! Well done my walking buddies :smiley:

See you all in the November Challenge <3

• ECfromSJ
    ECfromSJ Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to all of you energetic ladies who worked so hard this month! Thanks to AnnofB and Texasgardnr for your support on my knee issues. And to 2jayjaysmom, I'm sending positive thoughts to you and your dad. I know caregiving isn't easy even when things are going smoothly, let alone after a complicated surgery.

Unfortunately, I'm down for the count as far as walking and aerobic DVDs for the foreseeable future. I tried to take a long walk on Sunday, but it hurt the whole time, and I gave up and came home. On Monday, I just tried to take a short walk around our block. About 10 minutes in, my knee collapsed on me, and I had to ask my husband to go get the car. It hurt like the dickens, and I couldn't put my weight on that leg at all. The diagnosis so far is torn cartilage; I hope for more detailed info after an MRI. In the meantime, I was off work all week so I could stay off my feet as much as possible.

I only have the OK to do two quad strengthening exercises, and to use the recumbent bike when I feel able. Physical therapy may be in my future. I'm going to stay signed up with the group, but I'm not going to attempt any serious walking until probably January 1.
  • 2essie
    Options
    5.17 miles walked today

209.84 miles walked to date