November Health & Wealth Challenge

Options
kaserz
kaserz Posts: 35 Member
Here's a link to the November Health & Wealth Challenge created by blogger Budget and the Beach.

The general gist of this challenge is to workout for at least 10 minutes 5 days a week (pushing yourself). Then each week create a healthy new habit, whether it's cutting down on TV time or quitting soda or ice cream. For the wealth part, each week you have to find a new way to make money or to save money.

Since this is a fitness page, you can totally just do the health part with me and not worry about the wealth side of this! Just be sure to check in here weekly with your progress! But if you're up for the full challenge, check out the link and join the event page!

Replies

• charliwarli
    charliwarli Posts: 33 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I will join you. I plan on adding an additional 10 minute workout to my daily routine, and cutting out as much processed foods and cutting out all refined carbs for this week!
  • kaserz
    Options
    It's November! I guess we should check in on Saturdays with our intentions for the week and an update about our progress.

This week, my healthy habit is to go grocery shopping for healthy food because ordering take-out has become a habit lately. I'm actually going to cook something. :) I over-did it with attempting to run on 10/30 and I'm more sore today than I was yesterday. I am going to attempt week one of couch to 5k for my exercise this week.
  • charliwarli
    charliwarli Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I downloaded Endmodo for my phone, it's a distance/ running app that I've seen suggested, in this group as well as others, and I plan on trying couch to 5K once my 6-8 week recovery period is up and I'm able.
    I added a dumbbell circuit to my daily routine today, just a light circuit of bicep curl, tri-cep extension, overhead press and chest press, as well as wall push-ups, trying to up the amount I can do each week.
    I started tracking my steps taken last week so that I can gauge just how active I really am.
    Those are the 2 new healthy habits I've added in the past 2 weeks!!!
  • Tearshia
    Tearshia Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    My intentions for this next week is to do three 20 minute workouts a day. If I do more, that is great. But I will not do any less than that.
  • kaserz
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I ordered take out breakfast this morning. :\ I've been carrying around my grocery list for over a week now. Need food. Can't seem to find the time to get to the store since I'm either busy or too tired. :(
  • kaserz
    Options
    Finally made it to the grocery store after work. Unfortunately that means I'm eating dinner when I should be sleeping. Tomorrow should be fun. I did run/walk for the first couch to 5k step today.
  • kaserz
    Options
    How'd you do? I didn't cook at all :( and my groceries are still sitting in the fridge. I did make $108 at a yard sale on Saturday. I also ran three times and on other days I was hauling/moving heavy boxes downstairs, then into and out of a garage, then into my car, then out of my car at the donation site.

For this week, I don't think I can make the 5 days of exercise so I might make up with longer exercises at the end of the week if I'm feeling up to it. My eye is swollen, red, and I'm running a low-grade fever. I have no appetite. My goal is to cook up and freeze some food SOON but I'm not sure I have the energy today. I'm starting a new side-income job to make extra money.