optifast

Options
In Ontario, they require us to be on a 2-4 week optifast shake diet pre-op, I have heard people use sugar free flavour shots and different recipes to make it more tolerable,
I was wondering if anyone knows where you can get the different flavour shots and if they had any optifast tips...looks like my surgery is going to be closer than expected so I will be starting opti soon.

Replies

• rpyle111
    rpyle111 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Torani syrups are the ones I have see in my local snooty grocery store. they are near the coffee in the store. I know there is another major brand of the sugar free syrups, but i don't know the brand name.

I have not bought any to try, but I have heard good things. I have added PB2, vanilla extract and/or apple pie or pumpkin spices to my shakes with good results.

Great to hear about your upcoming surgery! Hope everything goes well!

Rob
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I have a vanilla protein powder that doesn't taste the way I'd like it to. So I add DeVinci sugar free coffee syrup to it. I get it at Sam's Club in the coffee aisle. I'm sure it's sold elsewhere and on-line. Zero calories, and really good. I also use it in coffee sometimes with a little fat free creamer. Tastes as good as the sugar free creamers you can but, but is slightly less convenient to use.
    26197638.png
  • wilrhy
    wilrhy Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    The Torani syrups are very good!
  • sunshine5474
    sunshine5474 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    You can buy these in ontario for a really good price from ecs coffee. Order online - great service! Brown sugar cinnamon and choc chip cookie dough are my favs
  • katematt313
    katematt313 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    You can buy torani on amazon.com, as well as a bunch of other brands. I really like Torani, although I've had DeVinci SF vanilla and it is pretty good, too.