Week 3: Try something new

Options
This week I challenge you to try a new food or drink every day. Go for something you have never tried before. It doesn't have to be a whole meal, just a snack. But make sure you really give it a good taste.

I'm starting things off by trying a blueberry chia pod by The Chia Co. It's like a chia seed dessert type pod, and apparently a great source of protein. Should be interesting!

Replies

• NakeshiaBeard
    Options
    Today I sampled another Chia Co pod, this one was mango flavoured and MUCH nicer than the blueberry one!

What's everyone else been sampling? I think tomorrow I'm going to try some honeyed figs... I've only had figs twice in my life, once as the whole fruit (undried) and once as a preserve, wasn't a fan then but I'll give them a go!
  • mellyboobear
    mellyboobear Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    starting late! D= will start tomorrow! <3
  • NakeshiaBeard
    Options
    Oops haven't updated for a couple of days!

Yup, still not a fan of figs!! I ate one whole honeeyed fig last night but struggled to get it down... On Wednesday I couldn't really find any new foods to try (I always eat a simple fare the day prior to pay day!) so I thought I'd try a new tea. Brewed up some lavendar tea which was suprisingly nice. Lavendar has always been something I've never thought of consuming, I've only ever used it as a fragrance before.

Today I think I'll wander down to the Asian food store and seek out something odd to try.

Hope everyone is enjoying this challenge! Remember, feel free to submit ideas for next weeks challenge.
  • kingscrown
    kingscrown Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I hate figs. The flavor and all those seeds. My folks grow their own and I don't know why.
  • NakeshiaBeard
    Options
    I get you kingscrown!

How did everyone do this week? I was going well but I did have 2 days where I couldn't muster the imagination to think of anything new to try so unfortunately I get a big fat F for this challenge.

Nevermind, it's all part of the fun!