Body Image Issues

Options
2»

Replies

• katematt313
    katematt313 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Awesome NSV and learning experience for you! Congratulations on your success! I am in the same boat, and adjusting to the new you is hard, but you can do it. Especially if you love the way you look when you peer into the mirror.

Here are some ideas that I have found helpful: Take a fashionable friend or loved one with you next time you go shopping (I take my sister) and she can help keep you grounded. It is good to have another pair of eyes! I am also doing the thrift thing. I have one more suggestion: you want to feel super cute in a pair of jeans? Go to Walmart and try on their skinny denim jeggings. Amazing. Pair with cute flats and a blousy, forgiving top, and you have a very affordable and flattering outfit that can last you through two more sizes. Don't forget to consign clothes that are in good condition, once you've grown out of them.

Best of luck!! :smile:
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    We do clothing swap all the time at WLS support group. We also have a consignment store called the Up and Down shop for WLS pts in transition
  • MistyHiker
    MistyHiker Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    This is one of the reasons I love this site. Thanks everyone!! Love you lots!!!!

Such encouraging posts!!!
  • freedomfighter1
    freedomfighter1 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    " I was buying clothes that were too big and were covering me up. My bestie said "Stop hiding!"-- and she was right. It can be scary and intimidating at first, but it is also very liberating."

- Well said, exactly my experience :smiley: When I was big, 320lbs, I had to wear whatever fitted, now I can start choosing from a bigger variety and it's fun, but I am still learning and figuring out what styles I likem :D .. lol
  • Thaeda
    Thaeda Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    " I was buying clothes that were too big and were covering me up. My bestie said "Stop hiding!"-- and she was right. It can be scary and intimidating at first, but it is also very liberating."

- Well said, exactly my experience :smiley: When I was big, 320lbs, I had to wear whatever fitted, now I can start choosing from a bigger variety and it's fun, but I am still learning and figuring out what styles I likem :D .. lol

:)