challenges

Options
lorielou111
lorielou111 Posts: 30 Member
I am challenged by enjoying friends and family and "weekend happy hours" then letting my resolve fall apart for that cheesy pizza and snacks.

Replies

• virgm2002
    virgm2002 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I have lots of those challenging days. I still track the food even if the bottom line hurts. There is no sense in pretending it didn't happen. I just forgive myself and try to do better the next time. I did find what works very well for me. I track a few days of meals in advance. I also have a few combination snacks I roll forward every day. I set them up as a mini meal for a quick add. I then add my breakfast and dinner. I leave lunch for last as a discretionary, "How many calories do I have left?, scenario. Depending on what I chose for breakfast, i may be able to throw a few more calories into a bigger meal.
  • sudofarr
    sudofarr Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I am having a terrible time with leftover Halloween candy! For some reason, this year we didn't have many trick-or-treaters! My husband is eating it but not fast enough... it is really calling my name. I would take it to school for students to eat but they have Monday and Tuesday off! (I should mention that I have been staying pretty low carb since the beginning of August so candy is really a no-no.) And I have been thinking about Thanksgiving and Christmas as well. Any helpful hints for these challenges would be welcome!
  • virgm2002
    Options
    My husband just bought some Planters Holiday edition nuts. I am having the exact same problem. I flat out told him to keep it out of my sight. It is a sexy sle for me so I don't want any of it. Trust me, get rid of it. It isn't good for you. Give it away or throw it away. The cost of the candy is far less than the cost to your diet!
  • virgm2002
    Options
    I meant it is a "slier slope,"...
  • virgm2002
    Options
    Goodness I am having a time typing tonight...slippery slope. This Apple autocorrect is annoying sometimes.
  • sudofarr
    sudofarr Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have bagged it and am taking it to school to make students and their parents fat instead of me!
  • virgm2002
    Options
    Yay! Way to go.