Day 42: Monday, November 3, 2014

Options
balancedwalker
balancedwalker Posts: 686 Member
edited November 2014 in Social Groups
With the start of week I am sure that you will be returning to piles load of work. I welcome that as it helps me on track rather then avoiding temptations during day offs.

Sunday did not go well either as I failed to stay within calories. For Monday I will be refocusing and get my calories under control. I am not making any walk goals but will be happy to do at least 30 minutes walk.

I have revised down group weight goal from the current 2000 lbs to 1500. It is because If around 75 members end up as the final challengers then expecting more than 1500 lbs will be far stretched.

Replies

• Maalea
    Maalea Posts: 16,178 Member
    Options
    We have a meeting at work this evening, with a small buffet afterwards. My goal is to not overindulge at the buffet!
  • Mechdonna2
    Mechdonna2 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    balancedwalker, thanks for your honesty. We all have days that we don't do well. But, we are NOT giving up.
  • Emiliebeauchamp
    Emiliebeauchamp Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    -Have a at home zumba workout.
    -Do a at home strength workout.
    -Log all my calories and stay within my allotment.
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! Well I got on the scale this morning and it wasn't pretty. I haven't been very accountable to myself lately and very lazy with what I eat. So today I'm back at it - I can't start the holiday season with a weight gain now can I!! So today I'm fasting - on my 2nd cup of joe with just a titch of cream and will keep my calories around 500 today. I also need to evaluate my non-fast days as I've been going overboard on them. If I can't keep that under control then I may need to rethink things. This way of life is suppose to have major health benefits but if I'm gaining weight then it would then be wiping them out.

Hope everyone has a great day!!
  • bigroastdinner
    bigroastdinner Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    - Go to badminton
    - Stay within calories
    - Drink at least 5 pints of water
    - Try and go to sleep before 11

Good luck with your own goals :)
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    Gah! I'm in a downward spiral! I ate (a lot of) candy instead of dinner last night. Led to chips and more candy. Time to pull out of it.

Goals for today:
    1. stay within calories (I mean it!)
    2. 10,000 steps
    3. Day 2 of P90X (Legs & Back, Ab Ripper X)
  • ketowerdefense
    ketowerdefense Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I, too, welcome the work week, as it's much easier to avoid spontaneous snacking.

Today's goals:
    - 5k run on lunch
    - 12 glasses of water before leaving the office
  • Kenda2427
    Kenda2427 Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    Did have a gain on the weekend despite not eating one piece of Halloween candy..so not fair but we did eat out a couple of times so that no doubt lent a hand. Focused tracking, remain under calorie range and get in my 3.5 miles for my November walk challenge. Have already completed my DVD workout before work.
  • annangelich
    annangelich Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Good Morning everyone! Hope you all enjoyed your weekend! My weekend was awesome, although I drank a soda and a few coffees and not enough water. Today I plan to get more water and start back to my kickboxing (I have been walking instead of doing my normal routine), the weekends always does that to me. Hope you all enjoy your Monday!
  • justdebbie1
    justdebbie1 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Did not get my steps in or my active min. Did say under my calories, and that was even after eating a pumpkin cookie with icing and I got all my water.

Today's goals are.
    Stay within my calories.
    Drink 10 8oz glasses of water.
    Get in 30 min. of active min.
    Get at lest 10,000 steps.
    And last, day 3 of 30 day Plank challenge.
  • kikontx
    kikontx Posts: 92 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I wan't able to get any exercise in on Friday and Saturday (not counting the trick or treating walking as exercise) but did start back up yesterday with a 2.5 mile jog. Calories was over goal on Saturday but was able to stay under on Sunday. I was also able to record a loss on the weigh in Saturday so was happy about that.

Goals for Day 42

- Drink 80-90 oz of water
    - Stay under calorie goal
    - Strength training (including core) and light cardio (walking)

I will start more core work on strength training today and decided to do that 5x a week.

Hope everyone does well today!

69324449.png
  • Relajuice
    Relajuice Posts: 24 Member
    Options

I have revised down group weight goal from the current 2000 lbs to 1500. It is because If around 75 members end up as the final challengers then expecting more than 1500 lbs will be far stretched.

• Relajuice
    Relajuice Posts: 24 Member
    Options

What is the deal with the final 75? New guy here, joined November 1.

• rebetha82
    rebetha82 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Hi all :smile:
    First, congrats to everyone's great work and continuing success!
    I slipped a little bit this weekend with leftover halloween candy at a friend's house. But no biggy. Back on track this week with staying under my calories and switching from the 30DS to Ripped in 30.
    Have a great week!
  • dawnmitchell6766
    dawnmitchell6766 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Was able to maintain over the weekend, even with Halloween candy. I didn't drink enough water over the weekend, so todays goal:
    Drink 8 glasses of water (3 down so far)
    Keep within calories
    40 minutes on the stationary bike
  • lalepepper
    lalepepper Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Weekend was a disappointment - ate too much, moved too little - oh well. Today my trial I was serving on for jury duty ended up being settled, so my week will be a lot less hectic.

I just want to log everything, eat under calories, and possibly go to the gym - I'm feeling up to a light ride. Not asking for much!
  • balancedwalker
    balancedwalker Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Relajuice wrote: »

What is the deal with the final 75? New guy here, joined November 1.

Welcome Relajuice.

On the last weigh in date (11/01/14) only 78 members logged their weight in the spreadsheet. This gives me forward warning that may be, at very best, we will have around 75 members on the last weigh in date 12/31/14. If on average each of them lose 20 lbs then we can get to 1500 lbs group loss number. It would have been nice to have 2000 lbs or 1 ton number but let's see what we get.

We track two things very seriously - 1) Group lbs lost and 2) Individual goal as %age achieved. These are our measure of success as a group.
  • Kenda2427
    Kenda2427 Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    Met my goal just didn't get it entered in time.

weight.png