November Challenge - Holidays Edition Part 1

Options
Okay all! It's a new month! Time for a new challenge.

This month I'm going to challenge myself to not only break 200, but to exercise at least three days per week. Given the upcoming food extravaganza (at least in the States) that are the months November and December this could get interesting.

How are you going to challenge yourself this month?

Replies

• Abydos3
    Abydos3 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    We have a triple whammy Thanksgiving weekend in the forms of Thanksgiving day, a "New Family Dinner" on the Friday, and a swanky Engagement Party(cocktail party) on the Saturday. Even shooting for no cheats until Thanksgiving day will be unlikely, my folks are coming to stay for the Sunday before to the Sunday after Thanksgiving for all the family events, but I'll be as good as I can manage it.

I want to hop back on my stationary bike every other day or more. I used to put in 45 minutes, but it's been a while, we'll see what I can do.
  • ytefertillerozark
    Options
    I have a personal challenge to lose 8lbs in the next 14 days - started Induction today. :)
  • marichairs
    marichairs Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    This month I want to lose as much as last month add in more walking (at least 3 times a wk) and I want to try to not have any cheat days (not counting actual thanksgiving) Good Luck everyone:)
  • MelRC117
    MelRC117 Posts: 911 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Well, I seem to always not meet my monthly goals but if I don't set them I don't have anything to strive for. I would like to get down 11 pounds by November 25th. Its when I have a Dr appt and I would like to be atleast the same weight I was at last year's appointment. I have done horrible in eating (lots of calories and carbs) these past few days so I know some of what I need to lose is water weight and I should be capable of losing by that date.
    My work has also started offering two fitness classes one day a week during the lunch hour for free. Hopefully this helps me get motivated to work out more and add in a couple more workouts during the week in addition to the class.

Even though last month I did good on not "cheating", it all unraveled this past week or so. Depending on where Im at on Thanksgiving, I may not cheat. I will decide the day before because if I decide to wait the day of, I know I'll be more apt to give into temptations. Pumpkin pie is my main issue.
  • timwhoa
    timwhoa Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    oh my gosh its so good to be back
  • memelizzy
    memelizzy Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Hi Tim! MelRC I can sympathize with you completely on not attaining my goals for the last 3 months, but you are absolutely right on setting them to have something to strive for. So I didn't make my October goal of 175 (missed it by 3.4 lbs). I wish I could lose 1 lb a week, but that hasn't been happening. But...my weight loss continues if slowly and I am happy with that, so I want to be at 174 by the end of November.
  • Abydos3
    Abydos3 Posts: 14 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Something to keep in mind, even if you don't lose pounds on the scale, it doesn't mean you're not losing the fat anyway. My weight has stalled, some of it my fault, some of it plateau, but I'm fitting in to the size 12 jeans better and better all the time. Please don't just define yourself just on what the scale says, look for other wins in this challenge like the fit of your clothes, how you feel first thing in the morning or throughout the day, no longer having that after-lunch nap craving etc.

fat-vs-muscle.jpg

20140611-144938-53378445.jpg?w=640
  • ali59oc
    ali59oc Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I love this picture!
  • jmarton1977
    jmarton1977 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I think the human body is fascinating in that way. Thanks for sharing - definitely the pick me up I needed today.