Anyone else worried about tonight?

Options
janhiness
janhiness Posts: 32 Member
Of course I'll be taking my little superhero trick or treating tonight. I'm not even gonna lie I'm worried about saying no to candy. I'm not craving it but if I see it I may want some.

Replies

• sljohnson1207
    sljohnson1207 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    No, because I can't eat chocolate or most candies anyway due to a medical condition that they aggravate incessantly. I have no desire. Now, if a Goetz's caramel creme shows up, I might consider it, but I'm planning on a piece of cheesecake tomorrow at my nephew's birthday party, so likely candy will be the very last thing on my mind.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,963 Member
    Options
    Nope. I haven't cheated in all this time, I'm not gonna start now. I am a choco-fiend. Not going there. But I did make an avocado dip. I'm concerned I'll get into that. I only have 85 cals left tonight. So yummy!
  • BansheeCat
    Options
    I was worried but not anymore.

I cheated with a Reece's pb cup last night but I was still under my Net carb limit. I think I'm good now with that out of the way. Actually, I didn't like it --it's way too sweet for me now.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,963 Member
    Options
    BansheeCat wrote: »
    I was worried but not anymore.

I cheated with a Reece's pb cup last night but I was still under my Net carb limit. I think I'm good now with that out of the way. Actually, I didn't like it --it's way too sweet for me now.

I find that things that I was obsessed over how great they were just don't have that hold on me any more. They don't taste that great either. I had about a 1/16 of a tsp of something sweet the other day, it wasn't that great. Too sweet and not mesmerizing like it was before. It was a melted choc chip smear from cookies I made for the kids. Wasn't impressed. I used to be an extreme chocoholic.
  • DAM5412
    DAM5412 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Janhiness, how did you do?

I was pleasantly surprised that I got through the night yesterday and today as well, without one little slip, not even a slight interest in it! That's the beauty of Keto, right? Curbed cravings and our ability to actually control our choices.
  • peabean26
    peabean26 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I'm so surprised at myself, I didn't eat any candy at all! Despite trying to diet through the holidays in years past, I've never managed to avoid Halloween candy. I'm so thrilled with the way Keto cuts my cravings.
  • lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I don't usually crave sweets, but seeing those almond joy minis in the candy bowl was making me crazy! I'm happy to say that I did not have any. But I did eat a very low carb candy bar which was really good.
  • janhiness
    janhiness Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I had a fun size pack of peanut m&ms won't lie they were great but that was enough for me. I never was a sweet eater but I love nuts and chocolate.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    I are one 8gram heath bar yesterday despite my loving son continually offering me almond joys, lol.
  • DAM5412
    Options
    Good job ladies.. .we just have to now get through Thanksgiving, holiday parties, Christmas and New Years!!

Lulalacroix, what is this low carb candy bar you speak of?

I have to say yesterday, I wanted something sweet. So I made a 'hot cocoa-mocha coffee, by adding cocoa powder (Not sweet), heavy cream and a little extra sugar free vanilla syrup to my coffee. It did the trick, by making me feel like I had a treat without upping my carbs or being overly sweet...and this is the worst week for me, leading up to shark week.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    DAM5412 wrote: »
    Good job ladies.. .we just have to now get through Thanksgiving, holiday parties, Christmas and New Years!!

I have to say yesterday, I wanted something sweet. So I made a 'hot cocoa-mocha coffee, by adding cocoa powder (Not sweet), heavy cream and a little extra sugar free vanilla syrup to my coffee. It did the trick, by making me feel like I had a treat without upping my carbs or being overly sweet...and this is the worst week for me, leading up to shark week.

This is why I am learning to make fat bombs. I made chocolate almond ones this weekend and made them in a silicone mold tray that made mini chocolate bar shapes (rectangles, whoot!). 73 cals, 7 grams fat, 1 carb, of which half is fiber. It's like eating candy.

• lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    DAM5412 wrote: »

The brand is ChocoRite. I think I got it at Albertsons. I got the dark chocolate almond bar which was delicious and got me through tom last week. Each bar has 1 net carb, is sweetened with stevia and contains no maltitol - so no blood sugar spike.

• blablues
    blablues Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Russell Stover sugar free sweets help with my sweet cravings without kicking me out of keto. They are sometimes in the candy section of the grocery store or in the pharmacy section. I also found a low carb milk chocolate, dark chocolate and chocolate with almonds at Trader Joes under the brand Simply Lite (you can also buy it on Amazon) that is good and not bad on the ketones.
  • DAM5412
    Options
    Well I figured out late yesterday why I had a craving...shark week!! But honestly, I shouldn't even call it a 'craving' as it's not that bad...it's almost like I have a thought "Oh, let's get something sweet" and I either act on it or it passes...definitely way more manageable then before.

I did make some pb fat bombs, but didn't love how they came out. I'll have to look into the sugar free and other sweets...but today, I am much, much better.