Ladies! What are you doing to fit in your workouts?

Options
Are you doing 5 minutes here and there? When the little ones nap? Are you waking up early or staying up late? What are you doing to get in a workout and still be mom?

Replies

• tayortoeknee
    tayortoeknee Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Hey there - my daughter (11 months now) thinks that watching my workout is hilarious, so she watches me and giggles her little head off and slaps my stomach when I work out (I have managed a full hour workout that way! but generally I try to stay to around 30 min). Otherwise, I wait until she is having a nap and begin then. I don't wake up early or stay up late because I am too tired for that haha.
  • tomodmc41
    tomodmc41 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've had to start getting up earlier than he does. Before I would wear him or put him in the stroller and just walk.
  • kimberly_grubbs
    kimberly_grubbs Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hey there - my daughter (11 months now) thinks that watching my workout is hilarious, so she watches me and giggles her little head off and slaps my stomach when I work out (I have managed a full hour workout that way! but generally I try to stay to around 30 min). Otherwise, I wait until she is having a nap and begin then. I don't wake up early or stay up late because I am too tired for that haha.

You're so lucky!!! My daughter would not put up with that at all!

I've found a 14min workout that I really enjoy, so if need be, my LO can hangout in her pack n play with some seldom used toys if I can't get her down for a nap before my workout. It's super hard trying to fit anything else in!
  • alabrake44
    alabrake44 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Does housework count as working out?!? lol all joking aside. I was waking up before her and before my husband leaves for work to go to spin class at (645am) but now I just want my much needed sleep. Lately we have been doing a 3 mile walk around the lake in my neighborhood, that is how I get her to do her morning nap. But I NEED to find some time for muscle toning.
  • mainesm
    mainesm Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I live in SoMD now that the time has changed I am usually not home very long before it gets dark. So sometimes I try to sneak in a mile run before it gets too dark. Luckily my son LOVES stroller rides. It is getting colder and I am not sure how much longer we will be able to do this. Before daylight savings and when it was warm I would try to get out there as much as I could after work. When the sun doesn't set until about 9 we had ton of time. Sadly, I didn't always get out there like I should. I also have a bunch of workout DVDs. I have not yet completely finished any of the workout programs. I get bored. SO I really try to mix it up between runs, and two/three different programs. I am really liking Juliane Michaels 3, 2, 1 workout programs. (30DS and Rippedin30). I also try to find some fun things to do OnDemand. There is a ton of stuff on there. My little one doesn't always allow me to workout indoors. Which I totally use as an excuse... :neutral_face: I just joined this group and hoping to find other mom's out there that need more MFPs and motivation. =)
  • snaps27
    snaps27 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    I try and fit in a workout here and there when my two toddlers are napping; either a 50min DVD or Wii Fit. Then my 3 year old wakes up and gets on the Wii Fit herself :D . I am looking forward to spring (I know long way off) and getting to some local parks and walking (and pushing the two toddlers) for an hour or two.
  • ourtruelovewillneverdie
    Options
    I workout during nap time or I try to include my 2 year old if he wants to be cooperative. That's hit or miss though.
  • g_may24
    Options
    I have a full time job so its pretty hard trying to find time but I need to MAKE the time for myself....so Ive been walking on my treadmill at night while I watch TV and my 3 year old son is playing and Ive been lucky enough to go to the gym on my lunch break to do weights and a little cardio but I feel like its not enough.
  • stephanieislas75
    Options
    I try to fit it in when my lo is napping or when both my kids are asleep at night.
  • sherbear702
    sherbear702 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    I work full time, so I walk on my lunch break. It's only for a half hour though, which kind of sucks. On the weekends I'm able to get out and walk for an hour with the boys.
  • WillypipMom
    WillypipMom Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I work full-time and am in grad school. I have two stepsons (10 and 15) and an 8 month old baby. Now that the sun sets at 430 and it was 19 degrees this morning, it is very challenging to find time to exercise. Also, I feel guilty going out for a run and leaving my baby with my husband after putting in a 40 hr work week away from my little guy. That said, this weekend I did get to go for one run. I also did squats, lunges, and crunches while holding the little chunker! He is 21 lbs already, so he made for a great weight! Also, he loved it and watching his little smile was super distracting from the pain and misery of leg exercises!!!
  • pucca_belle
    pucca_belle Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Today I did a special workout with my 2yr old from fitnessblender on their youtube channel. It was made to do with kids and believe me it was fun! Couldn't believe how many calories I actually burned off, I own a polar ft4 and it said I burned 213 calories in 24 minutes. :) Most of the time I wait until my 9 month old is napping and my 2 yr old plays with her toys while mommy works out.