New to the group

Options
Hello all, just wanted to do a intro post. I just joined the group and started to us MFP more reguarly. My wife and I decided a few days ago to go Paleo and felt this group best lined up with our new dietary views.

Replies

• shaumom
    shaumom Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm new too, so thought I'd just say hi back and intro myself too, LOL. I look forward to meeting folks and seeing what everyone's eating these days!
  • daisyduke40
    daisyduke40 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Good morning I'm new too. Used MFP occasionally but now have decided to be on daily. I look forward to meeting people and seeing what people are eating and cooking.
  • Mlslbears
    Options
    Hi! I'm new too. I have been doing this for almost a week and struggle with new low calorie meal idea's. Looking forward to meeting new people and being supportive as well as new food ideas.
  • kezren89
    Options
    Hi all just started on here, i want to lose a few stones and eat right. I'm not on the chubby side i don't like my belly starting to stick out lol
  • SallyJoT
    SallyJoT Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hello there, I am new again to MFP. Trying to figure out how it may fit in with helping to motivate me again. When I am motivated, eating clean/Paleo or primal is what I prefer. Currently, motivation is the problem though....
  • Jillgorby
    Jillgorby Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm new as well. My family and I started to eat clean about a year ago, and I'm STILL learning. My favorite thing is to learn from others, and swap recipes:) Being in groups like this help keep me inspired!
  • agentskinny
    Options
    Hey! I'm new too. I've started clean eating about eight months ago. I look forward to new ways to prepare the same healthy food. My recipes are simple & quick. I love my crockpot. Enjoy.
  • thinktank32k
    Options
    Good morning. I am attempting the eating clean (or close to it as possible). I do good for awhile then something happens.
  • slanzelc
    Options
    good morning, i am new to the group but not to MFP (been using steadily for a year) but have not used any of the other features until now..
  • ChescasFeather
    ChescasFeather Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi :)
    I'm new and wanting to re-educate myself on healthy clean eating :)
    I started uni last year and the diet was awful, i worked hard and started eating really clean and lost an amazing amount of weight and reached my target. I relaxed a little over the holidays and have gained a little back and am now determined to lsoe it and keep it off but mainly looking to improve my diet and healthy clean eating. Looking forward to see what everyone else is eating!
  • angelb1983
    angelb1983 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I am new here. I currently have a highly processed diet, I am wanting to reduce my intake of those type foods but I do not even know where to start.
  • thiswillhappen
    thiswillhappen Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    I aim for a generally clean diet - I've lost some weight so far but I'm looking to lose more. Feel free to friend me for motivation and fun!
  • jagbug2014
    jagbug2014 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm June and I know the benefits to my body when I eat clean. I'm looking forward to learning new tips and recipes!
  • Rosemary7777
    Rosemary7777 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am Rosemary and I am looking for ways to help me shed pounds. I am not looking for a quick fix! I need to be healthy and want to cook most of my meals.
  • ElisaMicciulli
    ElisaMicciulli Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Rosemary, have you thought of eating Paleo?
  • SPeffer1
    SPeffer1 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm new as well. I'm not "new" to clean eating, but I really want to have that be the majority of our foods. Tough with a super picky husband, but I'm hoping to learn and find more ways. I'm a huge fan of the 100 days of real food website, and I'm looking forward to getting more information here!
  • scrapperchick
    scrapperchick Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have just started back to MFP, and recently started eating clean.
  • clcaesar
    Options
    I am new to clean eating. Just trying to make a change in my life.
  • lace_444
    Options
    Hello All,
    I am new to this group as well. I have genetically high cholesterol so am trying to further change my lifestyle. Any advice is so welcome!
  • lchadwick2
    lchadwick2 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'm about six months new to clean eating. I lost weight from being 250 in 2010 but cholesterol and trys were still high. so I'm focusing on what is making my body make LDL. And I'm really trying to limit the acids in my diet to see if that will help. Someone told me and research proved it, that our bodies don't make "bad" cholesterol. LDL is used to repair our bodies and HDL is used to clear out the LDL. So, I'm trying to help my body by not eating things that would cause my body to need repairing.

I'll post back later this month and show the 6 month progress.