Brag Here (and anywhere else you want)

Options

Replies

• Surfingbodi
    Surfingbodi Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Great job peace hawk with the pants!
    Very productive day Chris.
    I kicked butt yesterday with exercise and was sore today so took Epsom salt bath and got some work done. Was hard not to go exercise but really pushed it this week for not being in great shape. Still on calorie goal for day and hoping to start lifting (5x5) tomorrow!
  • Surfingbodi
    Options
    Here was my day:
    10/26/14
    Bench 65
    Dead lift 105
    Barbell row 60
    Squat 85
    Overhead press 45

Form is off a bit as I pinched something but nothing major. So proud that at least I tried! Will work on form throughout week.
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,445 Member
    Options
    Surfingbodi you're doing a heck of a job!! I'm so impressed! Keep it up!

Walked w/DD then w/DH. I have 18,874 steps for 8.64 miles so far. That might just be it for today. I went shopping then made soup and salad for my lunch this week. I have the gym tomorrow w/DD and our trainer. Eight weeks to the wedding!

Chris
  • peacehawk
    peacehawk Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Awesome brags everyone!
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,445 Member
    Options
    Walked with my daughter this evening. It was beautiful out. We didn't workout at the gym...our trainer was sick.

My eating is on track and my weight is down! I'm good.

Chris

• peacehawk
    Options
    Great way to bond. :o
  • Surfingbodi
    Options
    Gained one inch on calves, lost one inch from waist! I stoked!!!
  • WWnot
    WWnot Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    did my 10k event yesterday, blew out a calf muscle on an uphill section, walked 2 kilometres but managed to finish and my time wasn't too bad. I was able to run/limp for the last 3k. But the best and most important part was that for the first time I consciously and actively decided to work through it with positive self talk and determination inspite of the fact that I was angry and disappointed. Of course I'm limping today, but I don't care. I was able to find the right attitude when it was needed.
  • Surfingbodi
    Options
    good for you WWnot! that is the bomb! positive self-talk and sticking with something you have committed to do and WANT to do. i have run some road races and my times were not great but I still look back on them with such pride and joy that I can do something healthy that I commit to.
  • fitb440goal
    fitb440goal Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I went to Las Vegas for a conference last week and managed to maintain my weight! I was so worried going into it because I knew I would be challenged with lots of tempting food and drink options. Walked a ton, logged everything, and made it!

Thanks for giving me a spot to brag.
  • WWnot
    Options
    wow; good for you!
  • peacehawk
    Options
    I went to Las Vegas for a conference last week and managed to maintain my weight! I was so worried going into it because I knew I would be challenged with lots of tempting food and drink options. Walked a ton, logged everything, and made it!

Thanks for giving me a spot to brag.

Great! Hope you had some fun too :D
  • peacehawk
    Options
    WWnot wrote: »
    did my 10k event yesterday, blew out a calf muscle on an uphill section, walked 2 kilometres but managed to finish and my time wasn't too bad. I was able to run/limp for the last 3k. But the best and most important part was that for the first time I consciously and actively decided to work through it with positive self talk and determination inspite of the fact that I was angry and disappointed. Of course I'm limping today, but I don't care. I was able to find the right attitude when it was needed.

Awesome! Wow, you inspire me! B)
  • Surfingbodi
    Options
    Good job fitb!!! I'm impressed.
  • maicap22
    maicap22 Posts: 433 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I actually managed a 2 month streak no binging :) This is an achievement for me because I usually binge at least twice a month.
  • WWnot
    Options
    Holy Willpower, Batman! Congratulations; definitely bragworthy.
  • Surfingbodi
    Options
    Nice job maicap22!

I just 4 days off straight from exercising due to autoimmune acting up and was terrified I was done and about to give up and got to the gym tonight and did great! I can do this!!!!
  • peacehawk
    Options
    You all are doing awewsome!
  • WWnot
    Options
    So I'm going to brag that I'm somewhat discouraged today...but I'm going to stay the course. And I will drag my sorry self-pitying butt to the gym tonight and whoop the self-pity out of it. I understand that self-pity can turn into droplets of sweat as it leaves your body... whaddya think?
    [Am I the only one whose mother said "Only horses sweat. Women glow"?] (She winked when she said it.)
  • peacehawk
    Options
    WWnot wrote: »
    So I'm going to brag that I'm somewhat discouraged today...but I'm going to stay the course. And I will drag my sorry self-pitying butt to the gym tonight and whoop the self-pity out of it. I understand that self-pity can turn into droplets of sweat as it leaves your body... whaddya think?
    [Am I the only one whose mother said "Only horses sweat. Women glow"?] (She winked when she said it.)

Awesome bounce bounce back!